Recent content by MitchellC

1. M

Predictions for Return to Normalcy

This board is a perfect reflection of the broader world. You're a smart guy - use your noggin. Figure out how to maximize your wealth - and by doing so, increase your surfing time - by leveraging what you see/experience here. Ever notice the element of religious fervor among those who...
  2. M

*** Official Backpacking Thread ***

I've done about half of the SHR over the years in 3-4 day sections. Just got back from a quick long weekend. Didn't want to deal with overnight permit issues from the office closures, so my son & I decided to dayhike 3 passes in 3 days. Started with Mono from Mosquito flat - thought about...
  3. M

Matt Taibbi - The American left has lost its mind..

Only with media consumers; and who might that be? To the left's credit, they do walk the walk. That is, they believe culture can shape identity, so they devout immense resources to that endeavor. The contra case is of course millions of years of evolutionary pressures which have created...
  4. M

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Every now and then I cruise by to see what new distraction is being discussed. While never disappointed, I usually regret my folly and once again disappear into the ether. Before I go, let me bring up a few points: 1. Why is the NASDAQ hitting all time highs? Why is practically everyone -...
  5. M

Not sure why you are rejecting the anti-cop thesis. These kids are just doing the push back the rest of us are afraid to do. For every surfer minding his own business while being swarmed by jack boot thugs, there were moms getting ticketed for letting their kids out to play. The right can...
  6. M

Riot videos and reaction here

Same old, same old. If you want to understand how the world actually works, all you need to do is review any number of nature shows illustrating competition over scarce resources. It doesn't matter if it's territory, females, game, forage or pride/herd primacy - every organism fights for...
  7. M

rioting all over the USA

I wondered what had become of ff; hello plastic. I gotta admit he is a very good troll. All the classic elements of denial, deflection, reverse accusation, false representions, personal insults, etc. But seriously, why do you guys get so exercised? You are engaging with an actor, not an honest...
  8. M

Twitter fact checks POTUS!

I think i just lost some iq points. Its really simple as there are only two positions: A common carrier does not interfere with free speech. Your cell phone operator does not "fact check" conversations. Otoh, a publisher is perfectly able to edit/censor content. Their platform, their content...
  9. M

Central Park Karen has been fired

To provide a little context for the slow and uninformed, try to walk your dog off leash in Malibu lagoon, Ballona, Bolsa or any other protected wetland estuaries. For one, I've never seen anyone do it, so I imagine it would take a pretty significant dose of entitlement to pull it off. Or, maybe...
  10. M

China Task Force Should Minimize Scope to Maximize Impact

Scope down the number of issues and competing legislative priorities and think instead about how to shape and publicly define the political era as it relates to China. If the members do embrace that this is a new Cold War, that can be a useful mechanism not as a cudgel, but as a framing and...
  11. M

Waikiki During Quarantine

At present, states cannot go bankrupt; there isn't any legal mechanism. They can however revert to territorial status and petition feds for relief. That being said, I think many are missing the main point that the US is engaged in a cold civil war. Not only will the red states refuse to bail...
  12. M

What U.S. National Strategy Should Look Like In The Wake Of Coronavirus

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/19/what-u-s-national-strategy-should-look-like-in-the-wake-of-coronavirus/ Actions the United States Must Take The problem is not the Chinese people, nor their proud heritage that stretches back thousands of years. It is communism. We must challenge China...
  13. M

It ends when the culprits are brought to justice. On one hand, we have what in effect is mass murder - the targeted genocide of elderly in states than forced CV patients to return to nursing homes. On the other, we have the most massive human rights abuses and civil liberty violations in the...
  14. M

As i keep saying, dont fight the trend. We have all had front row seats to witness firsthand how so called americans react to stress. Some may be dismayed, others depressed from this confontation with reality. However, wheres the excitement, the quickening of senses to get in on the deal? Now...
  15. M

Hawaii could face civil unrest

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/13/wisconsin-supreme-court-strikes-down-tony-evers-coronavirus-orders/5179205002/ Soon, every state that is closed will have their orders overturned. Doesn't matter if it's at the respective state level, or is bounced to applicable federal...