Recent content by misterhat

1. M

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Picking up the 5'10" x 19.25" x 2.38" warhawk within the next week or two. I'll post quiver pics once it's in my dirty grubby mitts.
  2. M

What's his quoted wait time right now?
  3. M

Finally got the b12 step up in OH+ surf at a ledgy wave that has some sections where the bottom drops out. The thing absolutely goes, best step up I’ve had in a very long time.
  4. M

Yeah, and the modern rocker profile with lower nose and more tail rocker.
  5. M

Yeah mostly. I also own a 6'6" and a 6'10" but those boards are old and I never really felt I needed them that much around here. I think I've used the 6'10" in southern CA once. You just don't need much board at the waves I surf. Also I'd ride a modern 6'1 or 6'2" stepup in waves I'd be on a...
  6. M

Yeah my approach to quivers is probably bad for shapers bottom line. Also it's technically 3 boards if you include the stepup, but 99% of my surfing is done on a 5'8" x 19 3/4" fish or a 5'9" x 19ish" hpsb. As a kid I could only afford one or two boards at most so I just got used to that. If I'm...
  7. M

I've only ridden the B12 stepup once during that October south swell in socal. Kinda hard to explain the setup without giving it away, but I used the glass EA’s when I rode it during that October socal south swell. High tide at first and the B12 wasn't going on the head high kinda flat waves...
  8. M

Twitter lol

I'm married into a family of engineers. Some of them are just like this. My FIL has the same tic about people calling airport runways the "tarmac."
  9. M

Leash broke at a rocky wave and the days of my grinder x are now numbered. I went ahead and just put in an online order to Tim but wanted to hear what you guys think. So my socal quiver is normally two (or three) boards. A fish, an everyday shortboard, and a stepup. The problem I've had is the...
  10. M

Twitter lol

Twitter is filled with nerds who are really awkward in person but really good at thinking of zingers 5 min later. I'm really curious to learn more why twitter isn't "tech". Is it a "building rockets to space is tech, programming content algorithms to hijack attention span is not" type of thing?
  11. M

Twitter lol

Elon bought twitter for the same reason that Putin invaded Ukraine.
  12. M

The (Prone) Paddleboard Thread

For sure, he and I have been talking over DM. I want to make sure I can keep up with them first though. The constant low grade intensity is different than the stop and start sprints I do when normally surfing.
  13. M

South Bay, work in OC.
  14. M

Ordered one of those this weekend. I've been scheming how I can get a second paddle in on weekdays. I feel like a grom again.
  15. M

Just did my first paddle this morning on a 12ft bark surftech commander. Don't know how far I went but I paddled straight for a little over an hour. Probably only 2 or 3 miles but I don't feel super tired. I'm gonna go tomorrow and try to push it a little further. Also I'll remember to turn on...