Recent content by Milkman

1. M

Is this for real?

I always think about tides and swells when sea level rise comes up. The tides where I live regularly change the water level by nearly EIGHT feet in SIX hours, and then on top of that, swells regularly show up on the local buoys at between TEN and TWENTY feet. Erosion and sand movement in any...
  2. M

First time snowboarding, where to go?

Be careful, because "cheap" is not always or even usually synonymous with "beginner-friendly". "The Beav" probably is, but I've made the mistake a couple of times of showing up at little "local" mountains, only to find that it caters to hard-core expert skiers only. A lot of the big "expensive"...
  3. M

Scott Anderson RIP

I have a 9'2" . . . old and decrepit, but I still have it. Scott was a good guy, always nice as can be to an ignorant kook like me hanging around AquaTech . . . RIP.
  4. M

First time snowboarding, where to go?

Prior to this year, I've been taking the family on carless ski trips for the last couple of years. Two years ago, Whitefish, MT, you can stay downtown and there's a shuttle to the mountain, I think it was every 15 minutes, 10 min ride . . . whatever it was easy, and the town was super nice and...
  5. M

Haruwn Wesley?

I knew him. One of the most relentless friendly and positive people I've ever met.
  6. M

Fav hot sauce's?

Tobasco Tapatio Hot Chili Oil
  7. M

*** Official Italian Sandwich Thread ***

My all-time favorite is the Godmother at Bay Cities in Santa Monica mentioned above, but don't sleep on the Godfather from Columbo's in Pacifica.
  8. M

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

I've been trying to track it and it looks like it will start to hit mid-morning and then peak later afternoon.