Recent content by Meeks

1. M

Electric Tripping

I read an article on the inter webs a few months ago. Thieves are targeting the more remote charging stations, you pull low on juice, hook up your car. They roll up and rob you, make a getaway in their internal combustion conveyance.
  2. M

Chuck Andrus Interview

Chuck is the man, Dying breed of shaper, still handshaping every board.
  3. M

Dune

If you are interested in Dune, there's a documentary that came out about 10 years ago called "Jodorowsky's Dune". Alejandro Jodorowsky is a cult film maker of the most insane kind. If you want to check out his finest works, watch "El Topo" and/or "The Holy Mountain". Anyway, he spent years and...
  4. M

Traction Pad Affecting Magic of New Boar?

As a shaper, it is funny when you get customer feedback that "The board just feels off, or boggy". Only to find out the traction pad is about 6" above leash plug. Placement matters.
  5. M

ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

Mandy (Nic Cage goes to 11 in this one) Hereditary The Night Comes for Us (EXTREMELY violent) Midsommar
  6. M

Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

I'll quit shaping before that happens
  7. M

Surfboard blanks for the east coast

I will ask him, But, like everyone else right now we're 100% buried. I know he's actually turning away work recently. When are you coming?
  8. M

Surfboard blanks for the east coast

Greg, do you find Milleniums to be a tad bit on the heavy side? I mean comparing their comparable weights to US?
  9. M

Be sure to copy this

Hopefully he put the correct 5/8" toe in at least
  10. M

Some more board pron for Wassel

No, there was a WRV retail store in Haliewa, but it closed several years ago. That's where the connection comes from.
  11. M

Wassel is 5'8", 200 lbs. And yes, it is a WRV logo. WRV is his board sponsor, they pay for his boards, but he can work with any shaper he wishes. I just have to display the WRV logo prominently on his boards.
  12. M

Random Board thread # 1

You glass them as you would a reg board. Varial doesn't recommend mixing cloth weights, in other words, if you're going 4 oz. go 4oz. all the way around. f you're going 6 oz, go 6oz all the way around. We typically go double 4 deck, single 4 bottom. If they want it a bit stronger, double 6...
  13. M

Primarily Pipe and Backdoor, but he rides them all over North Shore. Just try to make good all around boards for powerful waves.......
  14. M

From 6 1/8", 3 5/16" to 6 1/4" , 3 1/2"