Recent content by Maz

1. M

What Boards You Got On Order?

Could be ages before I see my 6'4 Desert Storm (NZ-AUS border opening). Very tempted to order a CI Taco Grinder in the meantime.
  2. M

Hydra Lives !!

In those waves, a HPSB would be perfect. Wouldn't have to nurse your turns. How tall is this fella? 5'5 or so?
  3. M

Sharpeye Maguro review

Not exactly Aussie power surfing.
  4. M

Sharpeye Maguro review

Meanwhile li'l Filipe is happy to go high:
  5. M

Sharpeye Maguro review

Once again, Noel S downsizes significantly from what top 10 pros ride. Less flow, less power. What's the story?
  6. M

Sharpeye Maguro review

Holy heck, Filipe surfs that well. Check 1:37: the acceleration he gets off the bottom is insane.
  7. M

Surf Equipment: Quality Gear

Geez, I've lost heaps of them, but never in the surf. They stay put. My current pair has probably more than 1000 surfs on the clock. One Mack's warning: Big ants in Indo seem to love them - and my earwax. Left a pair in my boardies, and next morning the boardies were covered with huge, bitey...
  8. M

CI Taco Grinder

The one near F Point or the next one south?
  9. M

CI Taco Grinder

6’4 x 19 1/2 x 2 5/8 would make me happy in Indo.
  10. M

CI Taco Grinder

He's very impressive.
  11. M

CI Taco Grinder

Who's ridden one? After hearing Wade Goodall talking about surfing P Pass on one, I had a closer look, and it's a beautiful board. Beef up the dims, and even I could probably have fun on it. Curious to hear how they go, and a comparison with the Ghost would be especially helpful. Edit: Wade...
  12. M

Minimal Quiver: 4 Boards Max

We all want different things, but to not have a proper HP board in your quiver would be selling yourself short, imho. Give that Ghost a chance; all it needs is a HH wave with a bit of steepness.
  13. M

Nothing like pushing off all that rail, FR, and feeling it driiiive!
  14. M

Surf Equipment: Quality Gear

Ocean and Earth XT-Premium leash. Bombproof. O'neill hooded rashie. Mack's earplugs. Auchentoshan Three Wood single malt.
  15. M

"edit: we're almost on exactly the same page Maz. just had epic week of waves and rotated through all three good wave boards." Did you ride the 7'6 DS at the Point? Damn! Yep, I'd rather leave out sh!t-wave boards like my longboard, and keep the real spicy ones. It was a toss-up between the...