Maz's latest activity

• M
    Maz reacted to Aruka's post in the thread Rusty - Shiv, Hatchet, 419Fish with Love Love.
    Trigger pulled. 6'0 x 20.5 x 2.22 33L Hatchet in Torsion Spring. Grey spray. Yeehaw.
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread Rusty - Shiv, Hatchet, 419Fish.
    Bet you I'd love it. Chunk is my friend.
  • M
    Maz reacted to waxfoot's post in the thread Best Fullsuit? with Like Like.
    My Xcel infiniti is the hottest 3/2 I've ever owned - too hot for me and for what constitutes 'winter surfing' where I now live. I guess...
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread Best Fullsuit?.
    First day back in my 3/2 Xcel Infiniti, after a long winter in a 5/3 and 4/3. No booties either. Damn, it's a good wettie. Water 14C...
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread Long Fish.
    Not a fish, but this one really looks nice:
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread Best Fullsuit?.
    Smooth skin won't make a difference in an ice bath. It minimises evaporative heat loss; none of that if you're submerged.
  • M
    Maz reacted to Aruka's post in the thread *** Official 2019 Community Surf Journal *** with Like Like.
    Today was rad. Spent the morning surfing big high tide right handers on the Rusty Twin as the swell built. Once tide started dropping it...
  • M
    Maz reacted to jkb's post in the thread *** Official 2019 Community Surf Journal *** with Like Like.
    Got some really fun waves in Kauai. Surfed the premier spot a couple of times, once a little overhead and smaller and the second time a...
  • M
    Worst month of surf in my 19 years here. Probably 15 days of total flatness so far. But today I got racy point rights at an east coast...
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread DHD vs. JS.
    You know how you look at and feel up a board and think "fark, this guy is a sculptor - an artist!" That's DHD. The curves just flow...
  • M
    Maz reacted to JDJ's post in the thread Rusty - Shiv, Hatchet, 419Fish with Like Like.
    Got this Rusty twin fin over the Summer. It’s a flat deck version of his twin model with other tweaks. Ordered after the Board Room in...
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread Anyone ridden a DHD mini twin?.
    Have you watched this? If not, I highly recommend it. Luke Hynd surfs like a god, and looks stoked doing it. I had a good feel-up of...
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread Board Suggestion.
    My mate (who's a big unit) has a 6'6 and a 6'8, and the rails are definitely chunkier than on my 6'3. Maybe go 1/8" thinner and 3/8"...
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread Board Suggestion.
    Personally I'd shave a little off the width. I'd also be very conservative, as the dims sound much beefier than the board actually surfs.
  • M
    Maz replied to the thread *** Official Hawaiian Pro thread ***.
    I think he was too young and too easily intimidated. I reckon he belongs there now.