Recent content by Matilija

1. M

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Back in mammoth, snowed 2 feet earlier this week, light dusting tonight…great conditions, temps to remain winter like until Tuesday when I bail. Fun groomers on tap.
  2. M

*** Official National Parks Thread ***

Mighta been October, no shortage of people. He was staying in the Grant Grove NPS cabin quarters so we were in that vicinity.
  3. M

I’d rather not go than do that! My kid was working for the park service there last year, we went to visit him and camped in a different place each night, never saw another person in the 3 nights we were there.
  4. M

That scenario presents a problem, but I doubt anyone would mess with your stuff if you left chairs, table, stove. Just a thought, better than not going at all.
  5. M

Pro tip...Camp in the national forest for free.
  6. M

New Fee at Restaurants: "Security Fee"

It’s the dumb cunce voting for the liberal “no bail” DA’s that don’t prosecute crimes and have created a lawless shitscape’s fault. Reap what you sow.
  7. M

Famous Threesomes

One in the pink, two in the stink.
  8. M

4/8/24 Solar Eclipse - who's going?

Kid is flying to Toronto to meet buddies circa Niagara Falls.
  9. M

***The Official Retirement Post***

Retired at 56 , and am 2.5 years into it and haven’t been bored a day yet. Helps not to be a lazy person by nature. Between puttering around on little projects to the gym, surfing, snowboarding, camping, I’m always busy. I had a great job but my work never defined me, it was always a means to...
  10. M

***The Official Personalized License Plates Thread***

A guy I used to know from the gym 25 years ago had CIAOBOX On a gay ass VW Rabbit of all things. He said chicks would pull up to him all the time smiling and giving him the thumbs up. He said he sold it to the DMV by telling him he worked construction and had a huge lunch box! Legendary.
  11. M

Bombed up to mammoth yesterday afternoon for today’s top poppage….glorious calf deep powder morning with afternoon wind buff. Pretty much mid gondy and chair 23 on repeat. Winds are kicking up so hoping for a small refill in the morning
  12. M

Cloudbreak what the fvck

pretty sure I listed this stuff in the “goods” thread early on. IFYKYK
  13. M

Thanks. We got around exclusively by train, the local bus and the odd taxi. Plenty easy to move around, trains go everywhere. Average hotel I’d say was $120-$150 night, split with a buddy. Sometimes we’d pay more for luxury, sometimes less at a hostel (private room) because it made sense or...
  14. M

Mammoth completely closed today. https://twitter.com/Caltrans9