Recent content by Mandudebro

1. Mandudebro

Entire west coast about to get some action

Would have loved to see Bobby Martinez blowing up the coping in addition to the various other ways shown to shred the Queen, but that was a fun watch. Spot is such a treasure.
  2. Mandudebro

Logic has eluded Zeke

From rags to riches, and back to rags
  3. Mandudebro

Entire west coast about to get some action

THIS. Was down in LA visiting family for Christmas. Brother-in-law grew up down there. Caught peak of the swell with him and 100+ other friends at Topanga. Sat wide and basically had our pick of set waves that would bowl up, and went when dudes couldn’t connect from the top of the point (maybe...
  4. Mandudebro

How do you size your mini-guns and guns?

I know it’s bad when I start bargaining with God to let me out of this situation, and promising to be more careful…but yeah- always when you mis-time the valley of death between bars. And all this when it’s only 10-12’ for me. I don’t like to imagine the violence when it’s actually bombing...
  5. Mandudebro

The Official OBSF Support Group

Were there waves today? I was stuck in bed w the wuflu. Neighbor said it was firing. Let’s hear some stories!
  6. Mandudebro

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Went w/ a new 4/3 hooded X10D for winter, and have a half dozen surfs in it so far. I really like the quality and the fit- feels great on. Very light, and dries fast too. But the hood opening is tight. Uncomfortably so. I’m stretching the crap out of it by hand hoping it will loosen up...
  7. Mandudebro

Not sure I meet your threshold of concussions to speak on the matter, but I’m pretty familiar with high speed crashes on various surfaces, and I’m not sure I see how a helmet is going to prevent concussion in the water (aside from board to head contact). Seems like a concussion is a...
  8. Mandudebro

*** Official Shark Thread ***

https://www.ktvu.com/news/alleged-shark-attack-near-point-reyes-national-seashore-prompts-large-search-and-rescue-mission Hopefully this isn’t what it looks like
  9. Mandudebro

San Francisco

The aim would be to ‘plant’ it through the piece of sh!t’s rear window. Cops have nothing to do with the situation (which is largely the problem, and why we need ways to fight fire w/ fire)
  10. Mandudebro

San Francisco

I’d add keep a chunk of spark plug porcelain in your pocket and throw it back at the f#ckers if you see a smash & grab
  11. Mandudebro

Maybe 5% of the time? Only for pretty defined reasons though- South winds b/f approaching rain storms; chasing South swells during summer; big NW swells going 3/4x+ OH and not wanting to drown; relentless blown out onshore disorganized shitwaves (ie. April ‘23-now)…
  12. Mandudebro

Did the thread just die?..:sick: There have been some vivid descriptions of the beach over the years, but can we all agree “Cis heteronormative” is really the definitive treatise on the place? Gross meritocracy out there. Good riddance I guess.
  13. Mandudebro

I wouldn’t say the sand bars generally hurt summer conditions, but lack of NW/W swell and onshore wind definitely more unfavorable during summer.
  14. Mandudebro

Mid-day today was kinda fun w/ the long period south swell running. No kite needed. The sand is so jacked though. As moved around as the bars are, I’d think there would be some upside- new zones/peaks…but I haven’t seen it (granted work has kept me out of the water a lot lately). Seems like it...
  15. Mandudebro

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

I’d like to do the same. Have not made it happen at this point, but when I do will give these guys a close look- https://www.triplepointexpeditions.com/ I know the founder’s (Tucker) brother, and think highly of him. Solid guy, and a badass. Can’t vouch for the operation, but could be worth a...