Recent content by Makoman

1. M

Shipping boards in US

FWIW - I've shipped with pretty much all of the major companies, I have found Pilot shipping is usually considerable cheaper than UPS. Costs always varies depending on origin/destination, hard to give a ball park figure. For packing, hard to beat the box Clark foam blanks come in, pack the...
  2. DSCN0241

DSCN0241

3. M

Fireball Fish

I've had one for a few years and have ridden it quite a bit. It took alot to get used to, much more so than other boards. For me, it doesn't go well in small slop surf, but in bigger surf (headhigh) with some push it works really well. It's got more of a pulled in outline and caries alot of...
  4. M

Quick Bonzer Question...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I try not to get hung up on numbers and go more by the feel of a board, which is probably why I am hesitant. This is probably one of the "biggest" 6'4" I have ever seen, really chunky. Definitely doesn't feel right under my arm, but that's not to say it couldn't...
  5. M

Quick Bonzer Question...

I have really wanted to add a Bonzer to my quiver, and came across a few stock Campbell's in the rack over the weekend. I am strongly considering picking up one, the dimensions were 6'4 X 19 1/4 X 2 5/16ths, outline similar to a Merrick flyer, swallow tail. My dimensions are 5'10 tall and...
  6. M

Quiver pictures

Scott, To me, to describe the "assortment" of boards I possess, I would use the terms collection and quiver interchangeably. As far as the duplicate boards - Some boards I own were an attempt to be identical I have shipped "magic" boards back to the original shaper in a feeble attempt to...
  7. M

Quiver pictures

Oneula - Here's a pic which shows the tail section. I'll see if I have time to snap a few more over the weekend as our flat spell continues. It does have a very narrow outline compared to other fishy types - especially towards the nose.
  8. M

Channel Bottom w/glass-on fins

Thought I might share a few pics of channels with Excel and FCS...
  9. M

Quiver pictures

Oneula - Mostly Hawaian shapers as I would usually order and pick them up on trips to the islands. The Fireball does ride much different than usual fishy/shorter boards. I haven't ridden it in anything like the Curren video. For me it seems to like punchier surf - it doesn't go very well...
  10. M

Quiver pictures

Thanks for sharing the stoke, I'll share a few more pics once I get the hang of the pic loading. Chucke - Saddly many of my boards don't get any use at all, but I've got a (hopefully) full lifetime to try to get them in the water. Waldo - The blue chevron was obviosly my favorite pattern for...
  11. M

Quiver pictures

I am a longtime lurker who rarely (maybe never?) posts. Seems like there is alot of interests in quivers, lots of good discussions, etc. Thought I might post a quiver shot I took over the weekend since I had plenty of time due to lack of rideable surf. Disclaimer: I have been surfing for as...