Recent content by Makoman

1. M

Dark Arts vs. Varial with Carbon…

Both Dark Arts and Varial Carbon are holding up really well for me. Both have hoof marks but much much less than even heavy PU builds. I am not easy on decks and have a kooky habit of banging my knee(s) on late drops especially backside grabs and also as I get fatigued. If you are light...
  2. M

Forgot to add - rumor has it my AO twin is Varial blank and is definitely JT (Dark Arts) carbon bagged. To me ride feels more like a Dark Arts build so maybe it’s the process/carbon that makes a difference rather than the blank???
  3. M

My 2c, I spent most of last year on Dark Arts and really like them. Great shapes and exceptional build quality. Very light, but haven’t noticed any drawbacks like I did way back when the original Marko builds seemed to lack drive for me. Lots of spring, and have ridden step ups in solid...
  4. M

New w/Tags Rip Curl Mens FlashBomb Heat Seeker Zip Free Large 3/2 & 4/3

Anyone looking for brand new, never worn with tags, Rip Curl top of the line full suits? I have one 3/2 and one 4/3 size large. Moving and won't need them! Hard to find and looking to get $300 a piece. Located LA to Santa Barbara cash and carry...
  5. M

Tomo MPH

I've been riding the "original" Futures Tomo hatchets from last year in an oversized OB1. Expected to hate them, and surprisingly, they feel really good. Plenty of drive and no weird hiccups. I also have a Tomo hand-shape with glass on hatchets (thank you PRCD!!!) that also goes well...
  6. M

YOLO ALERTS

I spent half my money on booze, broads, and boars, the other half I wasted…
  7. M

YOLO ALERTS

@vanrysss Those are gorgeous!!! Bucket list quiver for sure!
  8. M

Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

Fickle is an understatement and yes, that was my guy. Dreadlock "Rasta Pete". We all worked together for awhile, solid surfer and would Winter at OBX. World can be a small place! I clued all my friends into it after surfing it alone for days on end. Bet you and I shared a lineup here or...
  9. M

YOLO ALERTS

Not sure this is a great card game, but call...
  10. M

Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

I used to lifeguard Gin Beach and Indian Wells. Surfed Shagwong vicinity a bunch, every time it broke in 94/95. I think 95 was the storm you remember just sitting in the swell window. I was living on ELD and talked the airport to let me walk to the end of the runway to access at first then...
  11. M

Bobby Quad

Rode mine a bit last week. Not really good enough conditions (close out double ups) or waves ridden to get a real sense. Paddles well enough and while I won’t be winning any paddle battles it catches waves fairly well with planning area under chest. Seems to feel more like a standard board...
  12. M

Late takeoffs

Fear is temporary…regret is FOREVER!
  13. M

Hawaii- Done

I have a few 4VC’s I got from Wade - they are great and predictable boards for good waves. Packs plenty of foam while remaining high performance. Probably the main NS model for pros when it gets solid.
  14. M

YOLO ALERTS

FedEx??!? :cool:
  15. M

Tomo MPH

I feel your pain - I folded a very new XTR OB1 last year. If you can get it back to XTR Jerry does an amazing repair job and very reasonable.