Recent content by LogHauler

1. L

*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

We bought our original Ninja years ago and then we purchased the model shown here maybe 1 year ago. There is a seal at the bottom of the water reservoir that failed after about 6 months. We subsequently learned that this was not uncommon for this model so we stopped using it. We dug the original...
  2. L

Alaska buys Hawaiian

I regularly fly from Medford, Or. to LAX and back. Over the years I've tried the regional carriers for United, American and Alaska, as well as Allegiant. Alaska is hands down the best of the bunch for the route that I fly. I doubt that this merger will be affected one way or the other.
  3. L

***The Official Pet Peeve Thread***

People that stop in the middle of narrow residential streets to BS with someone. The You can thank speed governors for this. Most trucking companies limit their trucks to 60 or 65 or whatever. The drivers set their cruise to full speed and are too lazy to give it up. The race is on!
  4. L

I need a side boob

5. L

How many years do you think the earth has left?

The Earth will certainly survive us. However, we won't. And, FWIW, it seems highly unlikely that we will survive long enough to figure out how to reach someplace else to exist, let alone even identify such a place.
  6. L

Charges against Alec Baldwin dropped...somewhere Rob Lowe is smiling (?)

We'll see how the civil lawsuit goes. I'm betting he'll settle. Of course the police can lie, (to a certain extent), while questioning you and it doesn't count against them.
  7. L

Racquel Welch Done

When I think of all time hottest sex symbols, I do not think of Marilyn Monroe. I think of Raquel Welch.
  8. L

Shingles Vaccine.. Yay or Nay?

I got the shot, (actually two jabs). No side effects for me, (I'm 62). I even talked my wife into getting the shots and she HATES vaccines. No side effects for her either.
  9. L

The Random Photo Thread

I had a 72 with a "3 on the tree" column shifter and a 302...
  10. L

*** Official South Bay Thread ***

I wonder how Peterbilt feels about that logo?
  11. L

What was your first job?

South Bay locals will appreciate this: I think it was about 1971, so I was 11. I delivered the Easy Reader. Kevin Cody, (now the owner of ER, I believe), was in charge of us delivery urchins. Anyway, in those days they were supposed to be delivered to every home in Hermosa Beach. We rolled them...
  12. L

Death by private air charters trip me out

More info here: This guy is an airline pilot that dissects aviation incidents in his spare time. This particular flight involved a MedJet. However, he also discusses the problem with high performance aircraft and difficult approaches.
  13. L

Boom - RIP Madden

I grew up a Raiders fan in the late 60s and early 70s. He was the youngest NFL head coach ever at that time. I believe he still holds the record for the highest winning percentage of any NFL coach with at least 100 games. It was Al Davis that recommended him as an analyst to one of the networks...
  14. L

The Beatles - Get Back

In the end I felt as if Paul was/is sort of autistic... singularly focused on music and his skills are crazy.
  15. L

The Beatles - Get Back

This! Top to bottom, my sentiments exactly. I'd just add that without Billy Preston, the entire exercise would have fallen apart. At the end of it I would have to say that Ringo is the Beatle that I would have most enjoyed hanging out with.