Recent content by LelandCuz

1. L

Think of the thousands of waves that went to waste, and are going to waste right now

It was such a tease when I could hear perfect waves breaking unridden all night from my house, knowing it was gonna be competitive getting waves the next morning.
  2. L

*** Official Shark Thread ***

Where are all those madd mothers? Need to get'em worked up over the danger to their children. Eh, they'll push to have beaches closed instead of putting sharks back on the fishable list.
  3. L

Famous Threesomes

Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Patty Boyd
  4. L

What surfing has become.

Glorifying the worst part of the ocean. "Look at the novelty of the location I play in. Isn't it cool that I need to rinse everything off and my car, bikes, home, everything are corroding?"
  5. L

Fires in Maui

Hey Pico. Here's a photo of your shop when it looks to have been a house.
  6. L

Fires in Maui

They've done a lot of bulldozing in my neighborhood but it's far from done being cleaned up. I bailed. Sold my lot to a close friend and trying to buy a lot in Haiku.
  7. L

Colored wetsuits

In motocross you're only allowed to wear white boots if you're fast. In MTB if you wear a matchy matchy pro looking outfit that you paid for because you're slow and unsponsored the Gen Xers and older will sneer at you.
  8. L

Colored wetsuits

Probably nice for a thin kitesurf suit. Warm enough in cold spray, but not too hot in the sun. They sell a lot of kitesurf gear. I use their harness & straps.
  9. L

Colored wetsuits

I was just surfing Raglan for 2 days and trying to remember if that's where this guy lives? The locals were friendly & chatty so I almost asked about him but not remembering his name or where he lived, I didn't bother. The waves were decent on a shortboard. It made a nice little break in a month...
  10. L

Logic has eluded Zeke

I love the "Pilot Debrief" channel, discovered it during his coverage of the Tennessee instagram pilot. This latest one about the 5 instagrammers was schadenfreude chef's kiss.
  11. L

Caught inside

Only 2 times I've snapped boards were duck diving, once holding on and once letting go after the tumbling started. Still, I prefer to duck dive rather than ditching. I only ditch the board when it's REALLY big, impossible looking, and I'm on a long gun. In those cases I shove it to the side and...
  12. L

Home improvement - where to start?

Late to the discussion, but I'll assume the goal of the remodel is enjoyment, not upping resale value. So this should be first on the list. Hot Chicks Room
  13. L

Windsurfer and Face Full of Whale

This is always in the back of my head when kiting around whales. But it's so fun cruising with them and jumping together.
  14. L

If the FAA starts trying to protect me from tiger sharks around Spartan's Reef I'll start feeling a little more comfortable out there. They can't end all plane crashes, or shark bites, but they could cull this one that keeps biting people in the area.
  15. L

Same place a woman lost an arm a year ago and a woman's board was bitten a few months ago. I wonder what it would take for local opinions on sharks to change. For now, "They're our friends and they don't want to bite people." Or, "It's their home and you accept the danger by going in the water."...