Recent content by LelandCuz

1. L

Hurricane Douglas up next for Hawaii ~ this weekend

I was hoping to at least get enough rain to turn off the sprinklers until Tuesday. No such luck.
  2. L

Hurricane Douglas up next for Hawaii ~ this weekend

My neighbors hurricane proofing their lanai.
  3. L

Watch out! Cyclist coming through

27.5 for fun, 29s for racing, unless you're really short or tall. No one feels a downside going from 26 to 27.5*. *Well, it helps that a lot of peolple went from aluminum rims to carbon at the same time so weight stayed the same.
  4. L

^If these positions make it feels like you're gonna flip over the bars you're bike's reach is too short and possibly the stem is too long and head angle is too steep. These are the changes that constitute "modern geometry" and allow aggressive cornering with some margin for error. P.S. Finally...
  5. L

Rather than type my feelings about ebikes it's easier to just quote this.
  6. L

465-470 is the perfect reach for me at 6'1.5". Long enough for DH stability and comfortable climbing but short enough to fit around tight turns and feel playful. This is a size large from most brands and is one step longer than what I rode (445-450) from 1992-2017. I've tried 490ish reaches and...
  7. L

Completely ride changing, especially the models with a lot of drop. You'll use it more than your shifter. My townie even has a 125mm dropper that's great for getting leg extension pedaling uphill and a comfy low seat for stop & go in town.
  8. L

They're supposed to be good but I ride for 9point8 (a different seatpost maker). I have the unused Transfer that came with my new bike that I'll sell for wholesale. PM if interested.
  9. L

Old board shorts and T-shirt for short rides that you definitely won't crash on. For long rides and better crash durability, MTB shorts with chamois undershorts and 3/4 or long sleeve MTB jersey. Solid, subdued colors are available so you don't have to look like you're pretending to be a racer...
  10. L

Maybe this will thin out the herds of weekend club rides jamming up the PCH. Safer, more convenient, the whole COVID thing... https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/12/the-tribe-of-peloton/600748/
  11. L

Glad it worked out!

Glad it worked out!
  12. L

The takeback of Hawaiian lands?

Non-property owner?
  13. L

"MTBR" Say it fast. That's what the guys on Ridemonkey call the MTBR forum.
  14. L

The CT is cool and has fun sections but don't stay too focused on it and ignore all the other...

The CT is cool and has fun sections but don't stay too focused on it and ignore all the other great trails in those areas. Eagle has fun short trails and Crested Butte has some legendary singletracks that require dirt road transfers. Hartman Rocks by Gunnison has a very fun trails network that...
  15. L

Does she have a handle on Emptybeer yet?