Recent content by kool-aid

1. K

Kai Lenny's new gun

Interesting, and it generally makes sense, I guess. Wonder what size wave it takes to have diminishing returns. It looks tough to stuff a nose like that into a late drop at OB. looking at the boards on the rack, it seems like he's using that nose design down to the mid-8-foot range. Would love...
  2. K

What was your first job?

Wetsuit department at Wise Surfboards. Doesn't get more core than that.
  3. K

RNF 96

This is a pretty cool photo. Just goes to show how far surfboards have come. The changes are subtle but obviously meaningful. Do we surf any better now? Not sure.
  4. K

*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

Interesting on the second episode. Guess Britt is out?? I actually felt pretty similarly about the CI pro. Picked up a 2.pro and thought I would love it. It looked sick on the rack, had perfect dims, and felt good underarms. When I tried it out, paddled terribly, had no drive off the bottom, and...
  5. K

*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

I was also thinking Britt. But that seems a bit too obvious. Maybe they're just throwing us a curve ball? I kind of expected a little bit more from Kolohe in terms of ability to speak but he has the communication skills of italo.
  6. K

How do you size your mini-guns and guns?

One of the few people that I know that surfs mavs regularly swears by Marc’s edge guns. Said Wallace’s don’t work as well for him. I agree, it’s hard to wrap your head around it bc they don’t look like they would work AT ALL.
  7. K

Puerto Padi

Interesting. I assumed that since they come stock as a thruster, they actually worked better that way, but I guess you have to go with what gets promoted by Nathan. I like my 7'4 Puerto Padi a lot, but I do think it would work better as a quad at OB. I'm stoked that you guys build boards like...
  8. K

Thoughts/Experience with Trimcraft Wills Fish?

My guess is that an Album Lightbender or Sunstone, or even Lost Retro Fish would all be better choices.
  9. K

Thoughts/Experience with Trimcraft Wills Fish?

It's a rippers' fish. Needs to be driven off the back foot. Never rode mine in anything that didn't have some push. Was able to ride it up to DOH. Would not select for so cal personally, there are better options for the pitchy, soft close-outs of the south bay.
  10. K

Lost RNF96 round tail.

That's not a retro tripper? kind of looks like it to me.
  11. K

The last ig post is insane
  12. K

Reality check

The first question is why didn't you like the mid-lengths? 6'6 x 20 x 34L is pretty low volume for a board of those dimensions. You can easily get 34L in a 6'0 - 6'2. I find under-volumed mid-lengths to be not fun at all, is 34L enough volume?
  13. K

Leash recommendations

Small Waves: Creatures or FCS Medium Waves: Da Kine JJF, Kainui Big Waves: Stay Covered, Stay Covered, and Stay Covered
  14. K

Picking a Third Travel Board

If the stamps are already going, I'd take the RNF, which would be super fun if it's HH or under. You can probably push it a little bit bigger. If the forecast looks big, take the bonzer instead.
  15. K

That wasn't even a big one. These are just all the shoulder floaters on Sunday on 7'0s getting cleaned up.