Recent content by kookEcho

1. kookEcho

Endorfins

I like them but haven’t tried them in good waves yet felt pretty solid imo got the 5 fin medium set
  2. kookEcho

Twin Fins Are Dank

5’2”x19.75”x2.25” 5’4”x19.75”x2.25” 5’2”x20”x2.25”
  3. kookEcho

Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

Nope. Having the full carbon wrap infused glass vacuum bag process done at varial
  4. kookEcho

A little tricky without the stringer. shapes more like poly but the finish looks like eps. Kinda like shaping a green density blank with the characteristics of a red density blank? It’s nice not having to take down a stringer.
  5. kookEcho

shaped my first varial! 5’2”x19 1/4”x2 1/8”
  6. kookEcho

got my first twin fin/local shape....is it a lemon?

https://www.trueames.com/collections/twin-fins-fcs/products/ta-twin-fcs-compatible these fins work good in a lot of different twins I’ve tried. might work for you and it’s not too expensive
  7. kookEcho

Modern-ish twin?

short 3min clip my friend made surfing lowers on some twins I shaped!
  8. kookEcho

How do you size your fish?

Personally like to go as short as possible. Wider but slightly thinner? 1-2 more liters than DD? 5’8” 140lbs and surf a 5’2”x19 3/4”x2 1/8” with a flat deck and turned down rails. Gets into waves so easy without the center fin drag
  9. kookEcho

Christenson Fish vs Machado GoFish

5’2” CC monarch (maybe called chawk now) shaped for rob machado. was my first twin fin. Fell in love with twins because of this board. paddled into waves so easily. worked well even on the smaller days. Fast and loose off the tail. Tons of drive. favorite Board ever. rode the crap out of it...
  10. kookEcho

What Boards You Got On Order?

5’4” dropped off for glassing. First time doing black rails
  11. kookEcho

Future True Ames -Album twin fin set- new

I’ll pick up
  12. kookEcho

Single Fin "Retro". McLoud?

Thanks! Thought the nose on my twin looked like a nice pintail so I mixed a few templates and started messing around. I tried it with my 7.5 volan skipfrye at my local beach break and it went good but looked kinda small in the board. Think a 8.5 volan skipfrye or 8-8.5 volan greenough 4a would...
  13. kookEcho

Single Fin "Retro". McLoud?

I have something similar for sale if you’re interested. Located in LA. 6’8”x21”x2 3/4“ single fin. $450 no fin included.