Recent content by keoki

1. K

Best foil for beginners, 2022 version?

Wow, that really sux. Well I guess you could ask for your money back and take it to someone who knows what they are doing. I know Dave Daum over at Kings has replaced a bunch of boxes, I have had a few of his boards too and I havent had any box issues. For a while, Dave was cutting and...
  2. K

thanks for the input guys. I have been proning the Lift 170HA. Was just thinking someday i may get into winging. Still havent advanced as much as i would like on the prone, but occasionally think about getting into winging. I occasionally see a decent used mid aspect on CL and think i should...
  3. K

Question for you experienced wingers: what wing do you suggest starting on? High Aspect or Mid Aspect. Whats best for a wing newbie?
  4. K

Hey Gshaper, long time no talk. I switched to Lift last fall and it definitely is less front foot and more evenly balanced. Playing with the tails definitely shifts it around. Let me know if you want to try it. We can get Grendel out there too, he has a Lift setup (along with several others)...
  5. K

Leash for foil

Yea they are great leashes. Occasionally get it tangled in my toes but once up it is not even noticeable. You can also get them from a couple of the regulars down at Sano if you want to skip the mail.
  6. K

Best foil for you.

I chatted with the guy that owns this 2 piece foil board this morning. He is a pilot so he wanted a package that he can pack all his foil gear in his suit case for his flights. I think he said it was 4'6 x 18". It weighs around 12 LBs tho, super stiff. He said the weight helps during the...
  7. K

Sharks and foilers

Spring time around Sano is when we frequently get the sightings. quite a few of the sup foilers have seen them recently. heard there was an interaction / bump at lowers today.
  8. K

Foil Session Logs

Congrats!! I am working on this too. Its like the holy grail trying to figure out how to pump back out.
  9. K

Foil Session Logs

Couple of fun days with these 1-2 footers. Had a breakthrough on the prone board, not sure what it was but started to feel more comfortable and getting some longer rides. These small waves have been definitely helpful in the learning process. So stoked, thinking about getting a smaller board...
  10. K

Foil Session Logs

Waves are very small. Never seen surfline call it at 0.5-1ft Shin to knee high occ. 2 ft Yesterday was really small too but nice to soak in the water and sun.
  11. K

Foil Session Logs

Hdip, did you see laird out ?
  12. K

Best foil for you.

Is that the new Armstrong wing?
  13. K

Foil Session Logs

thats crazy! being towed and then trying to weave thru a lineup.
  14. K

Foil Session Logs

In the vid saw a few folks trunking it, thought it may be somewhere up in LA. No chatter down here in south oc.
  15. K

Foil Session Logs

Any idea where that was at?