Recent content by kelly7873

1. K

*** The Official Thriller at Killers Contest Thread ***

Yes, it seems like the criteria is, take off too deep, go straight, get plowed.
  2. K

*** Official Sunset Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

I think that the last couple of days have been flat flat. Dave Wassel called it the smallest day of the year on his IG. The new swell is just hitting the Waimea buoy so it should be DOH by daylight and growing all day but straight onshore junk.
  3. K

The Eddie: 2024

It's a no go for this week.
  4. K

The website still has it at yellow, so it is possible. The forecast is for it peak overnight, so it looking to be big enough Thursday afternoon and Friday morning but maybe not 8 hours either day. The other problem is they're calling for north winds, maybe still possible, the 1986 contest that...
  5. K

*** Official Lexus Pipe Pro Contest Thread ***

We just had an earthquake to shake things up.
  6. K

Travel time of a 14 second swell is 12 hours, if they're lucky there will be some forerunners.
  7. K

The 5' 13 seconds was wave height not swell height, there's almost no energy on the Waimea buoy. I just looked up the new contest rules for the North Shore, contest must end by 4:30 but the director may extend by 30 minutes to finish a heat. I love it when they run out of time after they skip a...
  8. K

They swell is just starting to show on the buoys, they'll be lucky if we see anything before 3. I believe the rules say that they need to shut down by 5?
  9. K

There is still almost nothing on the buoys. They have 24 heats left, do they run the quarterfinals overlapping?
  10. K

Surfline has it peaking at Eddie size over night then dropping all day on the 16th, also north winds all day. The last two contests have been held in epic max size Waimea, they are not going to run it on a mediocre day. Still a long way off and the forecast will change.
  11. K

There was a long period 4xOH NW swell and a DOH NE swell plus the trades were near 30 mph. It would of been very challenging, scores would of been ten's and two's. Probably plenty surfers would of advanced with under 5 points total. I do think they should of run it but I understand why they didn't.
  12. K

Nazare Wipeout and Rescue

Where was the rescue? Sebastian made it in on his own and when one of the rescuers lost his ski he made it to shore too.
  13. K

Koa Rothman header at Pipeline.

This is the wipeout from the Instagram drone shot. The surfer paddles straight back out. It's probably is Koa because he looks to be the only one with no shirt. This is the wave he gets hurt on. The first wave is at 3:18 the second 3:25.
  14. K

I made a comment on the Instagram post that this wasn't the wave Koa was injured on and my comment was deleted and I've been blocked. I was willing to give the poster the benefit of the doubt that they just made a mistake but now I'm sure she is trying to deceive everyone.
  15. K

I found the wave on Surfline rewind, it happened at about 3:25. It wasn't all that crowded, maybe 25-30 people out with 15-20 in the peak. Amazing how fast the lifeguard got to him. It was the second wave of the set and the ski came in on the back of the third wave and was right there when he...