Recent content by kawika

1. kawika

***Official Car Talk Thread***

Are there any Elon simps left out there? Genuinely curious... I mean, there's still plenty of Rogan simps. Therefore, Musk simps must step up and represent!
  2. kawika

Any of you foo's air fry ?

It will be interesting to see how it does pizza, for the sake of science.....
  3. kawika

Any of you foo's air fry ?

I have an Air Fry setting on my oven, as well as a Convection Roast setting. They are distinctly different. The Air fry setting cooks quick, if placed on the middle oven rack. I've done homemade buffalo wings, air-fried baked taters and marinated veggies. All turned out well. Not necessarily...
  4. kawika

Mental Health thread

Kento, you've totally nailed it. I'm suffering the same scenario up here in Oregon. I told the wife yesterday that I'm ready to pack it up and head to sunnier climes. No rubber, just trunks and 70 degree+ water would be nice for a start...:cheers:
  5. kawika

How’s the stock market?

Let's not forget TOELY. Half of r&d and production tooling are Tokyo Electron.
  6. kawika

John Zerzan - "All the Lonely People"

"...loneliness is where you find it." -Myklos Dora or something like that.
  7. kawika

Entire west coast about to get some action

This is just hilarious... The Dunes
  8. kawika

Largest Lithium Reserves in the World, in California

China is in no shape to corner or own anything.
  9. kawika

Largest Lithium Reserves in the World, in California

Putting the cart before the horse. We have no Lithium refiners in the US. It would have to be shipped out of country for refining and brought back in. Tesla might be the first refinery along the gulf coast of Texas. It's a long way from reality with many uncertainties. Kind of like our...
  10. kawika

At what point is it ok to take a dump in your wetsuit?

Wear a steamer to drop a steamer? :unsure:
  11. kawika

How’s the stock market?

:unsure: I can see Cramer pulling a reverse-Uno on the Inverse Cramer Effect.....
  12. kawika

Maine Looking Dreamy This Afternoon...

HigginsLiveCam:waving:
  13. kawika

1 in 3 odds of the big one in the next 50 years

Check this out. This sped-up animation of ETS over a long period of time really helps to visualize the dynamics of slow-slip events along the CSZ. It still blows my mind to see this.
  14. kawika

1 in 3 odds of the big one in the next 50 years

FWIW, I've experienced more earthquakes while living in Peru, Chile and SoCal than all the years spent up in Alaska and now the PNW. Knock on wood...:bricks: