jwd's latest activity

• J
    jwd reacted to rowjimmytour's post in the thread Best crowd killer performance board with Like Like.
    +1 paddle deeper up reef but shoulder hopper(s) usually cave in wave at 1st crack before wave starts to stand up again:bricks:
  • J
    jwd reacted to GromsDad's post in the thread Best crowd killer performance board with Like Like.
    I wish I had the luxury of sizing my boards for the waves and the way I want to surf them. The sad reality is I have to size my boards...
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread Best crowd killer performance board.
    @rowjimmytour - thanks! E-wing mini log sounds interesting. Bet it would be a fun all-arounder
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread Best crowd killer performance board.
    @Sharky - don't most bonzers need a good wave to get going? I would think the Russ Short and egg would as well.
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread CI Twin Pin.
    the longest I would go would be 6'4 - assuming you could go custom width and thickness
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread CI Twin Pin.
    I bought a 6'7 hoping it would be more of a daily driver but I don't think this shape translated well into a larger size.
  • J
    jwd reacted to racer1's post in the thread Album Surfboards with Like Like.
    I have a carboner
  • J
    jwd reacted to j_mac's post in the thread Album Surfboards with Like Like.
    My YOLO for the year is 16 - yikes!
  • J
    jwd reacted to j_mac's post in the thread Album Surfboards with Like Like.
    I have been slowly narrowing in on boards/dimensions that work for me. Slowly is the incorrect word as I have YOLOed several boards over...
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread **BONZER THREAD 2014**.
    I can't believe they had an AO 3 on the rack! Thats a great find! What size fin are you using? I'm wondering if a smaller center fin...
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread XTR.
    How does the weight of a stringered blank XTR with 8c compare to other epoxy boards like firewire? I'd prefer to not go too light. Has...
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread I Want A TKF.
    I've been looking for a CC fish on the east coast for a while. Good info on the glass ons. thanks!
  • J
    jwd replied to the thread I Want A TKF.
    Are you specifically talking about a certain model - the Lightbender, Twinsman or Plasmic. The only complaint Ive heard about the...