Recent content by jory

1. jory

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Kinda dumping here today!
  2. jory

In Tignes, France this week with the fam. Kinda weird weather for March. One sunny day and a lot of white out. Scored some fluffy turns & daughter ( who rips on skis) has mastered linked turns on a board so she’s stoked!
  3. jory

Looks like I was lucky last week. No new snow in the French alps in the 14 day forecast and it’s been unseasonably warm. I scored though!
  4. jory

No! Small group with a friend who Is a guide and does this for a living.It’s a well known off piste itinerary though. it’s very much up to him & us to judge the safety but he’s very experienced. European resorts are a bit different, they don’t really have resort boundaries and as soon as you...
  5. jory

@Chocki late reply sorry! Yeah been chatting with some other folks that really rate amplid this week. In the middle of a week of Freeriding in the French alps. Had some amazing snow after some hiking. Rode this line yesterday…. Probably a few minutes of the best turns I’ve ever had……
  6. jory

personally I’d just put a mellow posi / posi angle on your board at your current width and ride it with a tool In your pocket so you can experiment. I think stance width is more about a feel than a calculation and also depends on what yoUre riding the English YouTube guy linked above (...
  7. jory

oh yeah. Now bindings. Can’t say enough good things! I really like the feel and I do feel like you get more edge pressure.
  8. jory

Heading out to St Foy in the French alps on Saturday for a “backcountry course” with a friend who owns a little guiding company. It’s been snowing there all week so should be 6 days of short hikes to plentiful pow turns. Very excited! Pics to follow! Ps love to hear how the dart goes -...
  9. jory

What is the value of 10% of Kelia Moniz's prior contract?

Was it not about “getting away with paying the top girls less” than with “wanting to pay the top guys more”?
  10. jory

Anyone know about pricing used guitars?

Coincidentally....... https://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126855
  11. jory

Just keep it vague about the location and just ask about, age, price etc of those Squier japan models., don’t post the link or say where you’ve seen it. People are pretty cool on there generally anyway & im sure it will show up on google for anyone looking hard enough for that model already? Eg...
  12. jory

@casa_mugrienta I would ask on offsetguitars.com lots of very knowledgable people about any Jazzmaster / jaguar etc both new and vintage. The late 90s fender Japan stuff is very well regarded AFAIK and priced accordingly. Dunno about the Japanese stuff with a Squier logo.
  13. jory

Is it possible to rip on a mid-length?

yeah i think i'm understanding why you are having difficulty finding the fun on mid size boards...........
  14. jory

I don't know that this technique doesn't work, i think some of it is allowing more time for the board to come around with a longer rail line and the different lines that a non - thruster draws. Even between different mids.. eg. I rode a 6'10 twin egg (CI mid twin style ) on saturday AM then a...
  15. jory

It’s not that hard. Two things. First you need to be in the mindset of letting the.board run and guiding it around rather than manhandling it / bending it to your will. Second, you need to be prepared to be moving your feet around. That’s really the key. If you can ride a longboard it’s an easy...