Recent content by JLW

1. J

Has Anyone Else Noticed....

Roy was notoriously obnoxious in other forums as well. The guys on the Swaylocks forum hated him.
  2. J

another classic was pepis (manparts). And later on, ultimate bro brah. I literally grew up with this forum. I have a very crass sense of humor and I think a lot of it is because I spent so much time hanging out on this forum in my formative teenage years.
  3. J

I was around in the surfline forums. Must have been the early to mid 2000s. Been in the erbb for my entire teenage, and later adult life. My favorite user, even after all these years, is still Eunice and his (her?) insane serial killer troll persona. To this day, I still laugh about the first...
  4. J

Online ad revenue

What are you talking about? This is a thread about shitty internet ads and you're going off about how successful your barely tangentially related ad business is. Since you're clearly an expert, can you answer the original question around why those crappy ads exist (the ones the OP posted)?
  5. J

Balaram: most-talented-least-corny pro

That is a name I haven't heard in YEARS.
  6. J

The Official OBSF Support Group

were you at vicente/ulloa area?
  7. J

It looks like a lot of work, even by big Ocean Beach standards. I saw a couple guys paddle out in the morning and only saw one wave ridden among 4 guys in a 40 minute window. Not very organized, although that could change with the tide. I'll take my chances at some more protected options down...
  8. J

Mentawais weather in July

Hey all, has anyone been to the Mentawais in July or August? I know there will be swell, that's not the issue. I was thinking my wife and I would stay at the Kandui Villas, so nice accommodations shouldn't be a problem. My main concern is the weather for my wife. I don't want to bring her on a...
  9. J

Unreal waves for regular humans

Looks very treacherous on the inside....but it would be really hard to pass that up. Maybe if there was a more protected spot that was clean/smaller and perfect I'd surf there instead. But if there were no other options, I feel like I'd have to go.
  10. J

Kelly Slater looking husky/DONE?

this post aged like milk
  11. J

i'll happily take mid-day low tide "loser hours" over surfing on weekends with twice the number of kooks out
  12. J

the san mateo beaches are all a unique flavor of "average beachbreak" which is why I made the comparison to ocean beach. the thing that ocean beach has going for it is that it can handle size. The past few weeks were the last straw for me, personally. I feel like COVID was really the nail in...
  13. J

The thing about Ocean Beach is that it photographs a lot better than it surfs. What I mean by that is that the swells tend to stack up and line up because the water is relatively shallow for a very long time. So you just see line after line of perfect A-frame peaks stacking up from the horizon...
  14. J

Make no mistake. There are perfect waves at Ocean Beach on days like yesterday. That's actually what's so frustrating about it. You can SEE perfect waves breaking up and down the beach, but good luck catching one. What good are perfect waves if you can't catch them? When I go surfing, I want to...
  15. J

I've been surfing Ocean Beach since about 2007. Certainly not as long as some people in this forum, but long enough to have a good understanding of the whole experience. Overall, I think Ocean Beach is wildly over-rated. When it's big and "perfect" (I use the term loosely), the odds of you...