Recent content by JaM71

1. J

Long Fish vs Mid Length

But aren't "performance" midlengths just bloated shortboards?
  2. J

Long Fish vs Mid Length

@Turtle71 I highly recommend the 7-oh outlier for small waves, if it's junky and weak, even better. It can still go in good waves, but why bother when you have good wave boards handy. It feels like a hybrid of a stubby, a fish and a mini simmons. Really fast in weak/soft waves and turns...
  3. J

modern longboard dims?

It's blasphemous but "thunderbolt technology"
  4. J

Anyone make a decent foamie?

I use the haneleia sides with an 8" flying diamonds centre fin in my 7-oh outlier. It's a fun board, good grovellor for the more mature gentleman than doesn't want to ride a longboard
  5. J

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

But will you have your morbidly obese shortboard next month or even next week my capalist friend or will you quickly flip your chunky bloated plank for a tidy profit and move onto the latest bright shiny heavily marketed discounted product?
  6. J

Oversized bloated shortboards are not midlengths- move onto a different thread buddy!
  7. J

Thanks for posting that CI TPH Pete, just reaffirmed why I won't buy one- that's atrocious glassing
  8. J

Hey Maz, I ride mine mostly on the open beachies up to chest to shoulder high- onshore or offshore. Also on smaller point waves at kirra and Greenmount
  9. J

Hey mate, I am probably 170lb and as Pete mentioned at first I didn't gell with the board- I told myself it's too much foam, too boaty, it's not suited to these waves so this is what the experience was for me. A few months later I realised that I hadn't been open to the possibilities with this...
  10. J

Modernized 70s single fin

Simon Jones makes an amazing single fin but doesn't make too many these days because Torren loves his twinnies. But if you can handle the wait time, his MP mote boards are beautiful...... they worked at Kirra for MP so would most likely light up at Rincon. Interesting fact- I read MP tuned his...
  11. J

how does the 7”6 flat tracker go as a thruster? Can I ask why you chose a thruster set up over a single fin? Just curious as I have only seen them as a single or as the twin tracker, cheers
  12. J

That "Lift" you feel from your Fins

I have had a set of the red 520's in an 8ft fish for 3 years- s wings just work. They liven a board up, easier to turn and faster. I get that they look weird and are pricey but honestly, you can put them in any board and they improve the board. i have used my 520's in different twin fins and...
  13. J

Gliders....

My 9'6 CC finally arrived this evening - I have an 8' Greenough 4A which I think I will start with. I have a 6.5' s-wing which I will also try then go from there. I haven't had a chance to fondle it yet but it's beautiful... My first glider, I am excited!
  14. J

Mason Ho on Morning of the Earth twin

the wait is real, I am up to 9 months now- hoping to get mine by Xmas..... I am sure it will be worth it though. I have had 3 of Simon's boards before - they are great boards, he is a true craftsman.
  15. J

Mini Olo because Yolo: Remembering Roy!

It will be on gumtree by the New Year