Recent content by Ivanmeister

1. Ivanmeister

Carves - A thread of pictures

I approve of this thread... now make one for simple mortals :P
  2. Ivanmeister

Magic Mindsurfing Boar appreciation

I friggin love my Coil 5'4, goin on 10 years now and still kicking ass, will be a hard departure when it goes, though I'm sure the next one will be a worthy successor.
  3. Ivanmeister

The COIL review thread

Not to mention the only ones using a real measurement of volume from the very beginning, none of that retarded "cubic liters" nonsense that refused to go away.. just like flat earthers :socrazy:
  4. Ivanmeister

The COIL review thread

TBH, at most I'd add another 0.01~0.02 cu/ft, I'd hate to see the upper end of the board suffer from too much foam. Got two reasons not to replace it: 1- still works really well. 2- can't think of another board-type I'd like to add along with the refresh :LOL:
  5. Ivanmeister

The COIL review thread

I'm almost tempted on replacing my M80-S (if it's even called that nowdays), but after 10 years that first iteration of the "dimple" tech just won't give up, feels as good as day 1.
  6. Ivanmeister

Legendary surfer/shaper reviews Firewire Surfboards

To sort of stay on topic... I don't consider all the offshore surfboard factories a bane to the industry, if that was the case then the whole industry is to blame, and it is. Everyone is out there to make a profit/living (call it what you like) and it's the consumer that keeps it alive...
  7. Ivanmeister

Black Baron 2.1

"The Black Baron 2.1 has been created to handle when the waves are pushing up to 5ft. The stabiliser combined with a concave change and performance outline has geared the black baron towards more high performing waves." Yeah I get it... but usually that's not far off. Twin+Trailer are very...
  8. Ivanmeister

The COIL review thread

Yikes. I too had an issue once, buckled when initiating a floater, however the board laster for a full season before that. It was an ultralight "glass job", the Coil crew sent me another, all I had to cover was shipping. Cant really say OG Coils were flexier, they were stronger but not by a...
  9. Ivanmeister

what makes a surfboard a keeper?

All of the above; Though under certain circumstances, a board that pushes back and is not always perfect because you messed your footing is a welcome addition. I hardly recommend this type of board to be for the better days... it still is a very good board, just has an attitude.
  10. Ivanmeister

The COIL review thread

He's out of the Coil crew, that's all I know :( Kirk shapes a mean board either way
  11. Ivanmeister

Fcs vs futures fin box test

you know me, I show up every now and then :cheers: And yes they do! not a single board has had an issue with a fin box even after a decade of use... or glassing!
  12. Ivanmeister

Fcs vs futures fin box test

I really liked that video, however I can't read the comments here and say nothing. If fins took the energy of all the forces created out of a bottom turn or hack, even a skinny dude like me would be blowing boxes. 155 lbs going at even 5mph then suddenly stopping creates a lot of force. Almost...
  13. Ivanmeister

Rate your Skillz

Tube riding - 3... need more toob time Frontside snaps/cutbacks - 8 Lip bashing - 8 Airs - 3... don't really aim for it Backside snaps - 8 Floaters - 7 Paddle Power - 8 Groveling - 8 Charging - 8 Style - 8 when calm, about 6 when not Aloha - 7 on a regular basis Regulating/Hassling - 5... I try...
  14. Ivanmeister

Diamond tails

Well, whatever the best tail design is, diamonds work really well IMHO, got two boards with it and I much prefer them to squash when waves are good. To me they're a great bridge between round and swallow. Yeah you get the short rail feel without sacrificing width and they do have a bite to them...
  15. Ivanmeister

Best Sunblock 2021

Heck yeah