Recent content by Icu812

1. Icu812

Different strains....

I suggest learning how to roll with Club no-glue papers. They're tricky without the glue but they are super clean papers and they allow you to really taste the 'strain'. Trick is you have to tear the edge before you 'wet it and stick it' so to speak..
  2. Icu812

Different strains....

Mr. Doof hit all the right points...there are just so many variables within strains, where it's grown, etc. etc. Cracks me up that there are so many OG cultivars...and now 'Cookie' ones too. I remember back in the '70s when my friends got some seeds from the Hindu Kush Mountains in...
  3. Icu812

What was your worst surfing injury?

I don't know all the finer details of this but the guy is still a major charger up here and the sad irony is that the guy who saved him got pancreatic cancer and died a few years ago. Miss him tremendously.
  4. Icu812

What was your worst surfing injury?

I've had to get stitches a couple times--first time surfing excellent waves up here in northern cal, buddy and I are both scratching for a set, he bails right in front of me, entangled in the white water, board hits me in the back of the head, got a big opening. Cold water kind of cauterized it...
  5. Icu812

A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

I smoke salmon in a Weber...works pretty good 'cause you can shut the Weber down pretty tight. I'll go grab some fresh Alder branches and cut 'em into small chunks, soak them for a minute in a bucket of water while I get some coals going. Then just put the salmon on an aluminum boat, skin side...
  6. Icu812

A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

Got on a day trip outta Shelter Cove today--beautiful day, little swell running, surf was happening too...thought it was gonna be pretty much bottom fish all day. Well, limited on bottom fish pretty quickly so thought we might as well try some mooching for salmon since we still had time left...
  7. Icu812

Can i start a vegetable and herb garden thread?

Raspberry Parfait gone polyploidy...
  8. Icu812

And of course with the Club 'no glue' papers...wake and bake!
  9. Icu812

Yes, the leaves have looked like this since the beginning. Looked more like a marigold instead of a marijuana...and I did get the seeds from Humboldt Seed Company up here in Eureka.
  10. Icu812

The 'Freakshow'...
  11. Icu812

National Forest Service will allow CA governor to dictate burn policy.

Well, yeah, lives first, then property..and when you have properties spread all through the hills now you can see the problem. There was a rumor floating around last week that the forest service was calling the Monument Fire an 'end of season' fire, meaning that they were just gonna let it go...
  12. Icu812

National Forest Service will allow CA governor to dictate burn policy.

I'm the chief of our small all volunteer fire department and I'm happy that the forest service is able to adjust with the conditions. Typically the 'forest circus' kinda goes their own way but we're seeing more cooperation with Calfire and local resources. We've had 2 sub-standard rainfall...
  13. Icu812

Too much for 'em to eat..nah, actually we don't have too many problems with bugs...we don't trap the yellow jackets, just sorta tolerate them, they eat bugs. When the plants are healthy like this that helps too. We'll probably use the electro static sprayer to put some Lost Coast Plant Therapy...
  14. Icu812

Coupla Jelly Ranchers...from feminized seed, 6x6, soon to be 8x8...and with a little friend to watch over...
  15. Icu812

Mentawi Trip - Looking to Plan for 2022

Hi tenover, your choice for time of year is good. I've been on 4 trips out there and I highly recommend a boat trip. The only potential problem there is if you're going solo and happen to get on a boat with the wrong people it can make it miserable. I've been lucky and have made good friends...