Recent content by Icu812

1. Icu812

Different strains....

No, they're fixed, just change the angle around the equinoxes.
  2. Icu812

Different strains....

Buds be fattin' up, a little rain didn't hurt at all, solar panels angled towards the low sun, maybe a little swell in the water tomorrow...life's good...
  3. Icu812

The Random Photo Thread

4. Icu812

Anyone been to North Telos Island?

I went to the Telos in 2010 on a boat trip. Lots of choices there. I think the wave that's on the south side of the place you're going is kinda soft as I recall. Here's a photo.. But as mentioned, there are all kinds of waves there..DM me for more info and photos.
  5. Icu812

The Random Photo Thread

Locals only kook...
  6. Icu812

The Random Photo Thread

7. Icu812

The Random Photo Thread

8. Icu812

Patagucci

Back in the day Chouinard carabiners were the best ones...we used 'em rock climbing in the Pinnacles. He also came up with the RURP, Realized Ultimate Reality Piton. Pitons didn't work in the Pinnacles though, no real cracks there. In February of 1970 we got a pass and camped right on the bluff...
  9. Icu812

The Random Photo Thread

10. Icu812

The Random Photo Thread

11. Icu812

If being lazy and stupid wasn't enough....regular cannabis usage doubles chances of heart attack.

Nah, a storm like this will be good, everything out there is gonna like it. Especially because we're right back to beautiful fall weather after this storm exits to the east. But I will cover my bone-dry firewood pile!
  12. Icu812

Puerto Escondido

I think they were worried about the pressure difference with blood clots...something like that anyway...
  13. Icu812

Puerto Escondido

Buddy of mine was on a tow-board on a big day there...was in a massive barrel that closed on him...felt his leg just explode, took a couple more on the head with his leg dangling. Ski driver grabbed him and went straight to the beach. Ex-pat doc there did the best he could with the leg then...
  14. Icu812

*** The Official Wildland FIRE Thread ***

We watched this video recently at an RT130 training...instructive and chilling...er, maybe 'chilling' isn't the right word...
  15. Icu812

Ear plugged

I went for a flight physical a couple weeks ago and my doc (a good friend) mentioned that I had some wax buildup in my right ear. Never had a problem before so sorta forgot about it. A couple days later, holy chit, my right ear was plugged! Tried everything, Debrox, hydrogen peroxide, etc. to no...