Recent content by HSY

1. H

Album Surfboards

oh damn! she dropped off my Larry Mabile Ghostbuster at my work years ago as a favor (the board I never should've sold). said she was driving up to see some friends in LA and could bring it up. glad to see she's still working in surfboards.
  2. H

JS Carbotune

I will say though that the Hyfy board a friend permanent loaned me years ago, is the best construction of a surfboard I've owned. Even though it clearly had manufacturing defects, with pieces of the external epoxy flaking off at stress areas and dark areas immediately after purchase, it still...
  3. H

Noel Salad XTR10 review

they gave me a coupon code for $200 off my next board for my board fuck-up. Of course they did that a month before they changed the website so it didn't take coupons anymore. HA!
  4. H

Um…The Surf Banana…

Is this just a $15 plastic bag? The testimonials are hilarious.
  5. H

Best Sunblock 2021

All I know is that Hawaii bans the first one and the last one. Maui bans all non -mineral sunscreen. Not sure about the recent research on it all but I try to stick to mineral based ones because it's easy enough for me. But I know the Jersey jetty ecosystem is much more sensitive than the DDT...
  6. H

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

Surftech! Your favorite kind of board!
  7. H

EPS/Epoxy Yellowing Question

Yeah they clearly did something wrong with my board. When this video came out, I emailed them about my board with pics and to their credit, they at least offered me a coupon for $200 off my next board. But they wouldn't say what went wrong.
  8. H

EPS/Epoxy Yellowing Question

My XTR that I got this past fall is the yellowest board I've ever owned. I only surf dawn patrol and keep the board in a bag but it's waaaaay more yellow than my poly boards (which are many years older) and significantly more yellow than even my Thai made JS hyfy which is probably 5 years old...
  9. H

Album Surfboards

Nice review! I've always thought the footage of it looked great but there isn't a ton of it and not a lot of non-pro reviews. Looks like it really accelerates out of the bottom and then is loose off the top. Jack Freestone at least rides it really well in bigger waves.
  10. H

Chris fish yay or nay

is it definitely his "fish" model? he has a couple different boards that look fish-y. My friend has a bunch of Christenson boards and the fish he has (for what it's worth) is not really a grovel wave fish, more of a traditional all-around fish. The myconaut (a rounded nose quad fish) is his...
  11. H

Mark Price steps down from Firewire....

While I generally disagree with Reforest, and agree that he maybe takes this place too seriously, surfwhere's take at the end makes no sense and is just a personal attack. By his logic, Mark Price did it right since he's definitely got money in the bank and is checking the surf from bed (as a...
  12. H

Album Surfboards

I 2nd the shapers AR twins for the plasmic. It actually says they were designed for the plasmic in the description. Get them while they're hot. Album site seems to be the one place to get them at normal prices.
  13. H

The Biggest Single Tab Keel Fins

you try big quads in it? my friend occasionally breaks out his slightly oversized bean-bag during longboard only conditions and he runs the lost versions of the futures controllers in them. That set-up goes great in that board.
  14. H

Your current two board quiver

album plasmic roberts metatwin
  15. H

Travis Logie puts on a clinic with his STAMPS

his ability to surf that f'd up sand bar (breaks like high tide at low tide ever since the giant swells came through) is impressive, but you're partially right. He's on waves that are all bigger than the ones they showed from the beach and the footage of him surfing is slightly sped up. Also how...