Recent content by Hdip

1. H

DIY kit?

I would use what you have for the time being, while constantly looking for new gear. Did you tell me where you were at? Basically talk to the people at the beach. Foilers are nice and will often let you try their gear, or have a line on other gear for cheap. If they see you're truly trying to...
  2. H

Cheap old gear?

If you want to try winging start rolling by Ledbetter. Maybe @shshsh will give you a go on some gear. I know a couple other guys up there too. If you come down to Mondos I'll let you try some prone gear if a mid day session during the week would work out. But just talk to foilers you see in the...
  3. H

Cheap old gear?

Do not buy anything older than 2022. Do not buy that Manta. I would also advise against buying any board that needs work. Once the boxes are shot it's pretty much the death of a foil board. There's no real way to get into this sport cheaply. You either want to do it or you don't unfortunately...
  4. H

DIY kit?

Lift foils are fine. All foil companies now leapfrog each other with whoever has the newest release. Lift is kind of near the back of the line at the moment, so they are due for something to shoot them to the front again soon.
  5. H

DIY kit?

6. H

DIY kit?

Josh at foil shop in Seal Beach. WhatsApp threads. Those are your other 2 options.
  7. H

DIY kit?

You have the VERY FIRST modern foil. So yes, any improvements will be better. Spending $200 on a GL, NL or $300 on a GT if you can find it will be a big improvement. Once you get to the GT level, you're in the current generation and gains will be more marginal. I learned on gear similar to...
  8. H

DIY kit?

Does the board even have track mounts? If it only has a tuttle, you'll have to replace both. That's a Maliko 200 I'll assume. Replace it if you can. It will work, but it's not ideal. The absolute cheapest replacement route would be to get more modern GoFoil front and rear foils. GT series...
  9. H

DIY kit?

That sounds like first generation gear. Yes, anything modern within the past 2 years, preferably the last year and a half will make learning easier. My buddy is doing a whole series on learning to wing and has a huge write up on gear here. That's his forum too...
  10. H

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Srface wetsuits will let you surf in a suit for 30 days to see if you like it. Yamamoto #40. Crooked will send you a free shipping label to send them an old ripped wetsuit and they will recycle it. They will then give you a $50 coupon code off 1 suit. I'm going to send them all the old suits...
  11. H

***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

The progression project with Stacy Peralta. It's a foiling podcast. There is very little talk about foiling. Stacy is a good listen. It's more about his life. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/132-stacy-peralta/id1206097336?i=1000651788220
  12. H

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

I got a Crooked 4/3. 2 sessions in it so far. I was hot in Oxtura for 2 hour sessions. No lining inside, but don't seem to need one. No key loop. It's a good suit. I like that the zipper doesn't need to be put together, it zips down. My life was not changed by yamamoto rubber. The ankles and...
  13. H

Palm Springs Surf Club

Open again starting tomorrow. Just in time for Coachella. Book sessions here. https://fareharbor.com/embeds/book/palmspringssurfclub/items/?flow=1164016&full-items=yes
  14. H

How do you read the erbb?

Once a post goes beyond 2 pages I realize it has devolved to a level that is not worth my time.
  15. H

Chapter 11 TV: Episode 019 - "We Did A Great Job of Doing Nothing"

I missed it. Feel like I missed out big time now!