Recent content by grundy

1. G

Anyone Into Wingsuit Flying?

That was a long time ago, I don't remember the wind noise too much. My dad was into flying r/c gliders, and I do remember that the "real" glider sounded like the models. Mostly what I remember was the pilot turning us on a wing over the Palisades, and looking straight down at the crags below...
  2. G

My dad took me for a glider ride for my birthday when I was about 13, from the glider airport in Calistoga. Not sure if that's still there or if they do rides, but man that was a great experience. Quite possibly the best birthday gift ever.
  3. G

I had a co-worker who was into BASE and at that time just getting into wingsuit flying. We were in our late 20's back then and the list of his friends who had either died or suffered some horrible accident (one guy broke his leg so badly apparently his foot was literally hanging by threads...
  4. G

Can We Talk About Zipperless Wetsuits?

I've never tried ziperless, but am a huge fan of chest zip vs back zip. I'm a skinny dude though. I always assumed this was a body type issue and that, if you aren't built like a beanpole backzip is perhaps the better option. My wife is alarmed at how few back zip suits remain and is mystified...
  5. G

10W-40

seems like this belongs here...
  6. G

FS: Campbell Bros MB5 & Von Sol Flying Manta(Von Sol SOLD)

I've had success shipping with Greyhound in the past. And Greyhound stations are always in the nicest part of town so you get to go tour some cool neighborhoods too.
  7. G

Any decent soft boards that aren't soft tops? Almond?

I ended up picking up one of these South Bay Board Co Huevos recently. My BiL bought two Costco softops and my neice isn't really surfing, so that leaves 2 boards for me, my wife, and nephew to play with. We wanted a third soft board for surfing around the kids, and my wife also wanted something...
  8. G

Vissla 5/4 hooded wetsuit - like new - M

Vissla Seven Seas 5/4 Hooded chest zip suit. Size M. $150 Worn twice, purchased for trips to Oregon that just didn't pan out. One trip, two surfs, and the suit hasn't been worn other than that. Great condition. Will Ship. The Vissla Seven (7) Seas is your top of the line wetsuit at a steal of...
  9. G

Any decent soft boards that aren't soft tops? Almond?

I guess it was always going to be a wavestorm. Technically a Jerry Lopez as that’s what they sell at Costco these days but seems identical. Niece not into it and would rather just swim and play in the waves, but all of a sudden the nephew is a surf addict and gettin’ after it. And the niece not...
  10. G

Watch out! Cyclist coming through

I'm not buying the "you're feeling the bigger tire in your knee" argument. A lot of the guys that I ride with have more or less given up on their road bikes and are riding gravel bikes for most paved excursions (saving the roadie gear for the big epic rides and riding gravel bikes on everything...
  11. G

Wetsuit Shampoo - Worth it you you?

ooh good catch, I meant to say, I need to add that Lavender oil and Tea Tree oil to my routine
  12. G

Fair price for lightly used 6'0" ghost?

disagree. $750 and call it Nearly New condition. Maybe include a picture of JJF.
  13. G

Wetsuit Shampoo - Worth it you you?

ooh the lavender essential oil is a nice touch, I need to add that to my routine.
  14. G

Order of Operations. Morning Coffee

I honestly don't understand why pour over coffee making is not more popular. It's quick, easy and it works great. And since we're talking routine: get up, flick on the electric kettle (filled the night before), drop a deuce. grind the beans, drop a filter in the cone (sadly, while I have a...