Recent content by gkatz

1. G

Rip curl 3-2-one ultimate board shorts any good??

The HYPERFREAK hydro is my go to for years now. I just think I want a change. All good models are around the 70$ range but there aren't any reviews, comparisons at all except from a stab mag vid from 2021
  2. G

Rip curl 3-2-one ultimate board shorts any good??

Hi all, I am looking for my next trunks. Was wondering about the ripcurl 3-2-1 ultimate. The thing that I am unsure of is the side panels that are made from neoprene. Back in the day, the O'Neill superfreak trunks had 2 panels of neoprene and imho it was a disaster. It was heavy, it absorbed...
  3. G

[little off topic] what the hell happened to hippytree?

anybody with knowhow can shed some light on this? one day they were one of the best clothing brand and the next day it looks like they shut down. the website is still there but stale for the past few years. I wanted to know if anyone has any info regarding what happened. they last social media...
  4. G

September of 2022: What's your favorite board right now?

rad ripper mic drop
  5. G

Puddle Jumper Pro review

Nothing beats the pj rp
  6. G

Anyone ridden a Pyzel Wildcat?

i have ridden many wildcats back in the day when I was single but not a pyzel...
  7. G

Firewire cancels FCS

Futures and FCS are modern times ...lost vs Merick system wise, I cant see why would anyone use futures when you need a screw. screwless systems are far more convenient for surfers. I am not talking about the fins just the crewless systems vs with screws system in general proper disclosure: I...
  8. G

new strange addition to the ...lost line up, the glydra. WTF

I cant wrap my head around this new addition. the glydra. its just plain wierd. https://lostsurfboards.net/surfboards/glydra/ note about the author of this thread: I have been riding ...lost almost excluesivley for the past 25 years so this addition is even more bizzare to me :)
  9. G

How many sessions do you give a new board

8 sessions with poor conditions 5 for good less then that you will not know anything... it also depends if you are moving from one category to another. for example from a groveler to a HP. the adjustments are going to take more time
  10. G

*** Official Fin Thread ***

using the new FCS II MF 2+1 on a mayhem rad ripper I feel like i am missing bite when turning. any suggestions on maybe replacing the rear fin with something else? or should I just get used to this set