Recent content by frontsidegrab

1. frontsidegrab

Joel Tudor Original Song

Which one of you wrote this beautiful song about grumpy, stoney ol' joel? LOL
  2. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Rusty uses arctic as well
  3. frontsidegrab

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

But how many people that buy the product in droves are seeing someone like Chloe Andino? My friend's wife is a VP of Finance for an outdoor company and they just don't see enough ROI on athletes when they run the numbers. You don't make much money off of just the core and even then, it's diluted...
  4. frontsidegrab

Iron Neck 3.0 pro

I'm one of the rare cases that BJJ actually improved my neck. I had some cervical spine compression from years of paddling. When I started BJJ 6 years ago, all of that went away due to the neck exercises we do in warm ups.
  5. frontsidegrab

XTR Breakage?

I love my rusty SD RT
  6. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

I do agree with casa on this: the poly glassing at many of the shops combined with arctic blanks makes for pretty killer builds. Way different than the poly/pu of years past.
  7. frontsidegrab

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

Funny. He didn't feel this way when he was still sponsored.
  8. frontsidegrab

Kai Lenny's new gun

I'd consider that a type of prone paddleboard
  9. frontsidegrab

Kai Lenny's new gun

Stretch, whose been making good wave boards and guns for decades has been putting a lot of thickness up into the nose via concave decks combined with vee entries. btw, I'm team "Prone paddleboards definitely did it first."
  10. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

Thats gonna be sick. I've had my eye on that one. Will be better in the waves you get anyway.
  11. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

12. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

I recently had a convo about g10 with Sean Mattison that went the opposite route. g10 can have a thinner foil (= more speed/less drag) while storing more kinetic energy than similarly foiled fiberglass can hold. Fiberglass needs to be thicker in order to not warp and then lose drive.
  13. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

Agreed. Local, well made surf hard goods. That is exactly the type of biz the core should want.
  14. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Brah. No name drops! Funny. That was the last spot I surfed over there and was on the upswing from an LCL tear. Was out w/ Torryn, Alana and some others.
  15. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Griffin twin. JK! RIP. Shout out to the legendary salty uncle of the erBB! Continuously mixing them into the rotation. I've been on the album train since they went for $700. Have owned or own plasmic, lightbender, twinsman, townsend, moonstone. As well as pyzel wildcat, and many others over...