Recent content by frontsidegrab

1. frontsidegrab

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

OK, thanks for the input, Fellas.
  2. frontsidegrab

5’11x19.4x2.6 Rusty SD. it’s getting beat to sh!t and I’m looking for a bit flatter rocker and some more volume on this next one.
  3. frontsidegrab

Question for you Time Stamps experts: Giggle box or Flare (or a model I may be missing)-to be ridden as a DD thruster in NCSD?
  4. frontsidegrab

SURFLINE: 2-3 ft.

Beyond crowded. Chaotic as times. But it was impossible to drive away from the conditions I was looking at.
  5. frontsidegrab

SURFLINE: 2-3 ft.

Not quite as big but fun and perfect at Honolua. What a wave.
  6. frontsidegrab

Pollard Twin

Unpossible! Alkali invented that template! No one was placing fins that far back until recently!
  7. frontsidegrab

YOLO ALERTS

plorgasmic has some magic sauce but you have to ride it short. I assume the EAST version is very different in that regard.
  8. frontsidegrab

Pyzel Crisis Twin

I can't stand how that guy clears his throat constantly-and it's always when he's setting up what he thinks is some cool attribute. Like, "you guys ready for what I'm about to say next?" with a weird throat noise. Also, that boar has no leash string in it. Would not bang.
  9. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

The varial I ordered through Album has held up really well. In fact the glass has less denting than ones through varial's own process. I went 6/4x4oz. It has that pronounced edge-almost fully nose to tail. That's how I'm putting in my orders for Album moving forward.
  10. frontsidegrab

Dark Arts vs. Varial with Carbon…

Don;t own a carbon but I can confirm that the varial is PU worthy in terms of handling chop and chatter. I've been riding a good wave varial glassed with PE since last winter. Goes great. Going this directions with the rest of my boards, I think.
  11. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Back when I ordered these models-before they were official on any sight, etc-that's how Matt was sizing them for me. My lightbender is nowhere near the stock dims. It's much shorter and thicker. Really fun little rippy stick.
  12. frontsidegrab

Fickle sweet spot

Knowing zero details about your specific board, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's likely the width of your stance. Get further back and narrow your stance. I know you're not asking how to ride that board but whatevs.
  13. frontsidegrab

XTR

my plasmic is stringer 8.c. I love it. I'm 6' x 195lbs
  14. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

My Twigsnberry RP is the only board I put a pad on. Glad I did. I'm so much more consistent with placement and it's become second nature now.
  15. frontsidegrab

YOLO ALERTS

@waxurDyl does it boss. I'm more like: