Recent content by flyinraptr

1. flyinraptr

What’s your favorite OTR Daily Driver

Going into the season with 2 OTR boards .... MR/Lost Cali Twin and a Pyzel Ghost. Feeling pretty comfortable with both ... hopefully will be able to keep both of them in one piece.
  2. flyinraptr

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

In the States ... it was easy to put one i didn't care for up on Craigslist and sell it within a few days ... so went through some fairly quickly. One i remember getting rid of fairly quickly was a Lost Monkfish .... definitely the archer and not the arrow just wasn't ready for it. Here it is...
  3. flyinraptr

ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

Starting watching For All Mankind ...through the first 5 episodes ...pretty good ...seems like it gets better with each episode so far.
  4. flyinraptr

Kelly Slater put me in a chokehold

Hopefully KS has a restraining order in place or ready to go for this guy. Serious red flags ...with this guy's mental state.
  5. flyinraptr

Fins question - Quads - Foils….

I have the original version of the Machado thrusters they are not blackstix. Looks like a potential long period ground swell is lining up at the end of the month. Gonna give the Robert's and Machado thrusters another go in appropriate conditions ..checking specs they look to be close to the...
  6. flyinraptr

Not yet ... i wanted to see if anything i had on hand would suffice ... problem has been haven't had good conditions for the Ghost but looks like our season is starting to kick into gear. I'm at the point though of just going and ordering a set ... takes about a month for me to get them. Was...
  7. flyinraptr

I have the Roberts 5 fin set medium .... they have the V2 foil and smaller more refined tips compared to other sets. i have tried both setups in the Ghost ... board flies but doesn't feel like it has enough drive in either setup for me ..... have only tried in smaller waves and it could be...
  8. flyinraptr

Which was better ... blackstix? Curious ... because i was running a thruster set of old school AM2 honeycombs on a new Ghost ...on a day where it was firing and the the AM2s felt like boat anchors.
  9. flyinraptr

I think the answer to OP's question ... lies in two parts .... first is how water is directed as it leaves the trailing edge of the flat foiled front fin vs the v2 foil. The second part is how does that effect the leading edge of the trailing fins. An uneducated guess would be that water...
  10. flyinraptr

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

The coldest is probably mid-seventies. But keep in mind normal temps are around 82 - 85 deg .... so your body gets acclimated and then you throw in the wind chill factor you're talking about maybe a 20 degree difference in temperature ... its all relative.
  11. flyinraptr

Perfect head high waves yesterday ... but howling winds ... got completely blown off one wave ... constant paddling to stay close to the takeoff zone. Paid the price a couple of times trying to cheat a little inside in order to get into the waves .. major upwelling going on i could not feel my...
  12. flyinraptr

Pyzel Ghost?

Nice! What fin setup were you running on it?
  13. flyinraptr

Dog lovers - i get it now

I had a dog lose one of his pads once .... samething grew back .... might want to wrap it to keep him from licking it and getting it infected until the wound closes up.
  14. flyinraptr

And so it begins ..... ' Winds are howling though .... a little inconsistent on the sets .... tomorrow the wind is suppose to back down and the swell should have completely filled in. Have a nice day!!
  15. flyinraptr

Mental Health thread

Seems pretty harsh for a thread about Mental Health. Good thing there isn't a Suicide Prevention thread or the reply might have been something along the lines of ... "Quit your d@mn whinning and get on with it you pathetic sorry @ss!"