Firebird's latest activity

• F
    Firebird replied to the thread Palisades Fire.
    We now have 2 super scoopers in SoCal. They do an excellent job. But unfortunately not the complete answer to the problem.
  • F
    It really depends on the fire conditions. During the Paradise fire, many strike teams did whats called, "fire front following". They...
  • F
    No question. There is a triage process. If it's possible to get out ahead of the fire front, firefighters will go through communities...
  • F
    It's mostly financial and logistic. Having the funds and the manpower to set up the towers and cameras. So far, it works pretty well.
  • F
    I won't disagree with that.
  • F
    Yep, that's in the works. UCSD is establishing a network of cameras across the west for exactly that purpose. I know some guys working...
  • F
    Yep. I know about them. They are hit and miss. The photo examples you showed are the success stories. Some of the fires over the...
  • F
    HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, sprinklering your property to protect against wildfire? Good luck with that. I've watched 250 gal/min fire streams...
  • F
    Different colored ribbons (flagging tape) indicate different things. Some indicate a predesignated escape route in case conditions go...
  • F
    It's a heads up warning for other firefighters in the area for a tree that could potentially fall and injure or kill someone. Not sure...
  • F
    Firebird replied to the thread Surfing - The Official Thread.
    That looked like real surfing.
  • F
    Firebird replied to the thread erBB Kauai people - please help.
    We did Kauai Backcountry Adventure Inner Tube ride last time we were there. It was pretty cool. Worth doing. Beautiful 4x4 drive up...
  • F
    Firebird replied to the thread Surfer Presents VELO.
    I don't even know what any of this means.
  • F
    That's actually a photo of me with Shawn Weatherly. I'm going to need you to stop trying to assume my identity.
  • F
    Happy bday buddy. I'll be on Liberty Bay in July. PM me for beers in Keyport or somewhere closer to you.