Recent content by dl4060

1. D

Electric Tripping

True self-driving would be awesome. I would really love to have that for the Mammoth drive! My wife and I have pretty flexible schedules, and we can usually set things up so that every other weekend we are going up to Mammoth on Friday morning at 4-5 am. I drive, my wife sleeps in the back...
  2. D

Electric Tripping

Haha, yeah, Mammoth to BIshop. Bishop is definitely not downhill!
  3. D

Electric Tripping

This is part of the reason I would really like to see a universal system. The only place I consistently see lines is at the charger on Jamboree/Michelson in Irvine. There are a number of stores and an LA Fitness in that center, so it is popular. It is also slow, 72kw. As more and more people...
  4. D

Electric Tripping

We typically take our Model 3 to Mammoth 2 weekends a month. We drive from Newport Beach. It has been less this year, I've been skiing Baldy more, but Tesla to Mammoth is very doable. We have a 2020 model 3 long-range AWD. It's listed range is 322, but ours has a range of around 300 now. It...
  5. D

Covid Skepticism

I still have nightmares about A.S. Convergence (strong law of large numbers), Kinchin's WLLN (weak law of large numbers, or convergence in probability), as well as convergence in distribution. Other things that kept me up at night during that period were Mann-Wald (the continuous mapping...
  6. D

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

I honestly wonder how they are going to make any money with this. From what I gather Baldy gets most of their winter revenue from scenic rides. I would think most of the people who have been up there the last couple of weeks are pass holders, I doubt they are selling all that many tickets.
  7. D

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Mammoth has gotten 140 inches in March and April. That is a very nice March/April. 278 inches at Main Lodge is a below average season, 350 is normal, but with the early base and the strong spring it would have been fun. I got some good days, up there this year, and I was scheduled for a March...
  8. D

Who's working? Who's not?

I work from home anyway. The difference is that I won't be meeting with anyone, clients or colleagues, for a while. I regularly meet face to face with colleagues when working on a project, that is not happening, but it really is not a big deal. We do have zoom.