Recent content by dl4060

1. D

***Official Snow Surfing 2019 - 2020 Thread***

While I have never skied Bridger, it is a legendary mountain. Very steep, and they get lots of snow. There is some serious hikeable terrain there, the ridge is supposed to be awesome, but you need a probe, shovel and beacon. Scott Gaffney's classic movie 1999 features a Bridger bowl segment...
  2. D

***Official Snow Surfing 2018 - 2019 Thread***

The Sierra are about to get hit. I'm deciding whether this weekend or next will be the first time I go up.
  3. D

Kellys Surf Ranch- Average ERBB Guy Gets A Sesh

Wow!! Very nice. 8 years ago if someone told you you would get barreled in Lemoore would you have believed them?
  4. D

Mexico - Punta Mita

Of course. I REALLY hope you get some swell there. Like I said, we had a great trip, but if that right point in front of the St. Regis had been head high for, say, half the trip.....
  5. D

Mexico - Punta Mita

I just got back from the St. Regis, was there from Aug 25 to Aug 31. It was fun, but there was not a whole lot of swell in the water. We got in a couple of sessions at La Lancha, which is fun and mellow, where my wife got lessons. There are a bunch of fun spots in the area that are not too...
  6. D

Jury duty

So you would be fine with serving on a trial that took six months? If I could be guaranteed that the trial would take no longer than a week I would probably be fine with it. I have been called a few times. A couple of times I never had to go to a court room. When I did have to go in I ws...
  7. D

What is this based on? Mammoth measures there snowfall at Main, that is what they report. They also measure at the top, but the snowfall they report for the season is the Main snowfall, not the snowfall at the top. 10/11 and 16/17 were bigger than this, there have been some other years which...
  8. D

It is a busy week for me, and I don't think I have another trip in me, but some of our ski lease mates are going up. Here is the snowman's report https://www.mammothsnowman.com/ Hope some of you guys make it up. It should be fun.
  9. D

When I lived in Tahoe I used to love May. They would cut down to just the tram, High Camp, Shirley Lake and Granite Chief. I would start the day by doing 4-5 Granite Peak hikes, skiing Direct Chute. I love Direct Chute, so steep and so much fun in slush. Then I would hit the Corkscrew area...
  10. D

Mammoth was really fun this weekend. Saturday was not TOO warm, so we hit groomers all morning waiting for the top to soften. In the afternoon the Paranoids were a blast, fun and slushy, great turns. I was also skiing MJB's, which did not really soften up, and Climax, which did. Sunday...
  11. D

The coverage is actually great. The upper mountain stuff that I was hitting, Climax, noids, a couple of slush groomers on Cornice and Scottie's, has awesome coverage. That does not mean you can't hit a rock, but you would be very unlucky. The Paranoids are just bomber, and the entrances in...
  12. D

Fun weekend at Mammoth. I would start the morning with chair 9 groomers, then by the afternoon the Paranoids had softened up. I love the noids in spring slush. I ended up doing a lap where we would hit sign line on Climax, then go to chair 23, hit the Paranoids to the bottom, then take the...
  13. D

Yeah, this will be the last weekend for the yellow line, which sucks. Our ski lease is about a 3 minute walk from one of the stops, and you either go to Eagle in one direction or the village in the other. Either way you don't have to wait more than 10 minutes for a shuttle, and once on the...
  14. D

I am a huge Mammoth fan, I'm really not a big fan of Heavenly. How much time do you need when you get to SLT? I would check road conditions and figure out the timing. You could hit Mammoth from 830-130 or 2 and still have plenty of time. When I lived in Tahoe I did several Mammoth trips, I...
  15. D

Most of these places are not going to be cheap anymore. If you want to buy an Epic or Ikon pass, then you get lots for your money, but the ski/board industry is pricing out the casual user. That could be a problem in the future. Season passes are getting more and more affordable, but day...