Recent content by dcurbelo

1. dcurbelo

Album Surfboards

My stock DA 5’6 SWT feels quite squirrelly at 30L. I’d go a tad longer and narrower and adjust thickness accordingly. It could be the conditions where I mostly surf, but my 5’11 x 18.5 RP asymmetric Sterlana is a far superior board at the same volume. I only feel comfortable on the 5’6 at fast...
  2. dcurbelo

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Good to hear that! I just asked Tim to shape me a 5'10" x 19 3/8. As you mentioned, a reliable option for those days when you need to take things a little easier. A 5'11" x 19 1/8 Warhawk is finished... for the other days when I still lie to myself.
  3. dcurbelo

The new Christenson Wolverine

Ask for the 3/4 Volan patch. It comes much more solid without heavily affecting its weight. They are also suppose to assign a high quality foam to CC custom orders. I just got a RP Lane Sp. finished it that way and it feels money. On the other hand, it has always been a hit and miss experience...
  4. dcurbelo

YOLO ALERTS

One of Xanadu's most outstanding designs and a safe bet. A flatter rocker combined with kind of a traditional outline, but the magic lies in other subtle design details. The way it projects sometimes can get you off guard. It was never my cup of tea just because of my personal preference for...
  5. dcurbelo

Sharpeye Surfboards

I rode mine a bit oversized and didn’t really click with it. I’ll just modify thickness as required. Especially if going EPS. 5’10” , rode the stock 5’9” E3
  6. dcurbelo

Boards Ridden in 2023

5´3 JT Hitter DA 5´6 JT Dad Bod DA 5´6 Mandala Delta V-Fish DA 5´6 Mandala SuperChunk DA 5´6 Revo 5´8 CC Lane Splitter Varial 5´8 Stamps Flare Varial 5´9 TP Synthetic 84 DA 5´9 Cheat Code E3 5´9 Xanadu SW21 DA 5´9 Stamps ReRun PU 5´10 Stamps Kai-Zen PU 5´10 Pyzel Red Tiger XL 5´10 CI 2.Pro 5´10...
  7. dcurbelo

Sharpeye Surfboards

It does look good to me.
  8. dcurbelo

5´10 x 19 1/2 x 2 3/8 30.1L KaiZen 5´9 x 19.75 x 2.44 29.8L FlareRun KaiZen , especially, feels balanced under the arm. Feels good to get some quality glassed PUs after a long period.
  9. dcurbelo

Double concave deck FlareRun and kinda racier version of the KaiZen.
  10. dcurbelo

Need Advice for Fins - Xanadu Wave Rocket 2

Model is so sick, I went full cabrono. Rode it already and it is f@#€ng electric.5’9”…
  11. dcurbelo

YOLO ALERTS

I rode it with the CF Dane R. set and didn’t like it at all. Gonna try a more neutral template next time. il even venture with an Aipa twin plus trailer set after watching how enthusiastically Salas described how the board lighted up using a similar set :porcorn:
  12. dcurbelo

YOLO ALERTS

Keen to hear your first impressions. I didn’t connect with it as expected on my first surf. I still have plenty of work to do trying different sets of fins and waves, so let’s see if I’m able to put it back on track. Mine is the XL version.
  13. dcurbelo

Longer Rail/Higher Volume DD Thruster

Under the radar options… https://xanadusurfdesigns.com/zany/ 6’4” stock dims. Continuous rocker but overall, not as extreme and demanding as a 77 could be. I stick with that kind of rocker on longer boards since I find it less sensitive to foot placement. I recently ordered from him, after a...
  14. dcurbelo

YOLO ALERTS

6 weeks from order to shop delivery. Pretty fast considering the turnaround times nowadays. It’s my first order from the Pukas factory since many years ago, after many unpleasant experiences with custom orders. It seems that they have improved their QC thought. With shipping costs skyrocketing...
  15. dcurbelo

YOLO ALERTS

Custom 5’10” x 19 1/8 29L. CI 2.Pro