Recent content by csarqui

1. C

Adjustable Surfboard Shaping Racks

Great condition. $150. Pickup in Encinitas.
  2. C

The new Christenson Wolverine

Teiki on a Wolverine
  3. C

The E-Bike Surf thing...

Has anybody had their bike stolen yet? That's my only fear when taking an e-bike to the beach.
  4. C

Tomo MPH

I'm excited about this board, but to show a video for a new design, where the surfer is just standing in a barrel the whole time, doesn't make any sense.
  5. C

Anyone ridden a MOTE Fiji?

Interesting about the Mid6. That board is at the top of my list, but I'm not looking for a lot of rocker either. I like free speed!
  6. C

RANT: fin boxes with twin fins

The twin fin box ripping out on a turn is a huge issue. The worst is when you go on a surf trip and the box rips out. That's not an easy ding to repair. I wish FCS/Futures would design something to solve it. I love twins but I'm moving away from them and going back to quads until it's solved.
  7. C

I have both a quad and a twin. The twin is incredible in big open faces. I use the quad in hollow sketchy surf, where I have to make quick changes.
  8. C

I owned a 6'6 MOTE Fiji here in Bali for about 6 months and eventually sold it. I likes hollow waves. Very effective at Dessert Point, but just ok around Ulu, Impossibles, and Bingin. Surprisingly, my 6'2 Christenson Nautilus catches waves earlier, generates more speed, and turns just as well.
  9. C

*** Official Billabong Pro Pipeline 2022 Thread ***

Anybody where to watch the final interview? The heat replay stops right before.
  10. C

Album Surfboards

How did you get an XTR Twinsman out to Nusa Dua?
  11. C

Consistently blowing out twin fin boxes

That...is awesome! I wonder if I should just do that now with my very weak and unreliable fin boxes. Sort of a ding repair/reinforcement effort.
  12. C

175lbs. I agree with the Fusion boxes and installation under the lam. The only issue there is the availability of fin models that fit Fusion boxes. Another thing to note, at least here in Bali, if the fin boxes get blown out but you haven't lost them, pull them out, throw them away, and...
  13. C

Studio Repair has done at least 10 fin box repairs on my numerous twin fin boards. They also acknowledge that they fix twin boxes all day long because they just aren't strong enough.
  14. C

In my experience, the carbon patches don't help at all. The boxes just pop or peel right out of the carbon hole that surrounds the fin box. Somebody needs to invent a new fin box for this twin fin revolution.