Recent content by Cowboysurf

1. C

Refuckulation thread.

Yo, I'm really surprised at how much I love Winging too. I"m building a new 5'0" board after a couple of months on my 6'4" SUP. It started as a way to get some time on foil and now I'm skipping surf to go play when there's wind. I think the biggest surprise is how once you know how the wing...
  2. C

Gong review thread.

Yeah, I think I’ll surf the Curves for a while and get my skills up. I think my order is set. Veloce XL seems like my next step for winging, just want that long fast glide.
  3. C

Future chats

Discourse is pretty good. Check the demo at https://www.discourse.org you will recognize it from forums I’m sure.
  4. C

Future chats

Foil feed is dead. The only real activity is on Seabreeze or the Standupzone. I tried to help foilfeed get off the ground but it’s a ghost ship these days. Zone is horrible software for mobile but it’s got people and now dedicated forums for Prone foil, SUP foil, and Wing foiling. But if you...
  5. C

Gong review thread.

Ok so for now then, it’s the Curve for me. lol. Veloce seems awesome for downwind but for a while I’m going to use the wind wing so I don’t have to worry about heavy glide and I need stability more than anything. Still figuring out this M in the surf. I think it’s fine for a long time. But the...
  6. C

Gong review thread.

Sozzle, mind if I ask what you weigh? I’m trying to figure out my next wing and am wondering if I should go bigger but in the Veloce HA? Or stay with the Curve and go L. Ideally I’d surf it on small days and wing it when the wind was strong. What’s your take, L or XL Veloce at my size? I’m not...
  7. C

Gong review thread.

Updating this thread with my info about 12 sessions in. I’m 138lbs (63kg) rank beginner foiler. Bought a Gong rig to learn on and at my size haven’t been disappointed. Also in the states there’s a good resale market for Gong stuff so risk is low. I’m sure I might move on someday but for around...
  8. C

(video) Prone Foiling random sidewave / backwash "spot"

Who does the move at :45? Like who would see that and say, ”I’m gonna hop up that.”
  9. C

Some help getting started

It’s the speed. Way more power in an ocean wave (on weight alone.) but you’re moving slowly. One other note, any big foil will get you started. If you look at the forums (zone, sea breeze, etc) you will find a good deal. Don’t sweat buying remotely. Most folks on those forums have been on for...
  10. C

100% Wing Foiling Now

Kaser, I’ve been selfishly waiting on you to drop or lose that old one. The new stabilization will change the game for your already great videos.
  11. C

100% Wing Foiling Now

Holoholo, Belmont was decent but yes, I think a trip to Hawaii would fix a lot right now. (ya think?) If you see an orange swing wing and blue board that’s me. Btw, kiteboarders seem like an odd bunch. As soon as I’m consistently on foil I'm hoping some of us LA folks can do mini downwinders...
  12. C

100% Wing Foiling Now

Belmont was fun. Wind was actually over 15mph, gusting up to almost 20MPH, (thx to a kiteboard instructor who can estimate better than I.) It was choppy as all get out, as I said, I'm still not really "down" with the wind just yet. But I got up several times heelside. That's really easy now...
  13. C

100% Wing Foiling Now

Thanks guys for the tips, moving mast now. And yes, Stingrays suuuuck. I'll do my forward moonwalk today.
  14. C

100% Wing Foiling Now

First day on wing yesterday (I missed Steamroller putting on a clinic at that mushy in between wave I hear.) I surfed a local spot in the am, ate lunch, chilled on the beach and when I normally would have said, "f it the wind is up" I drove down the road and put the wing in the water. First...
  15. C

100% Wing Foiling Now

I noticed that strap too. When it’s good enough to surf that long seems like it’d be less gear to handle. Also good for when things go wrong way off shore.