Recent content by chilly1

1. C

Hydra Lives !!

Yes, I think that's Uppers and I wouldn't call that grovel either but would certainly deem it fun! That would likely be the high end limit for the Hydra. Still tho you can kind of gather what gas pedal it offers..
  2. C

Hydra Lives !!

Hydra looking legit. <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/432554665" width="640" height="800" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="">Luke Davis | Hydra</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/lostvideo">Lost Video Productions</a> on <a...
  3. C

Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

Anyone compared these dark arts with the Black dart https://lostsurfboards.net/black-dart/ Looks similar but different. Aside from riding characteristics The Black dart comes with a severe heat warning I wonder if the DA version is a little more user friendly?
  4. C

What Boards You Got On Order?

I know Ward and he is always ripping. That tail is perfect for SC points (looks like the Jobson-I believe Dynamic Balance that used to be commonsight at OB in the late 80's early 90's). Based on that post his boards and the SK he refers to would make and easy two shaper choice.
  5. C

What Boards You Got On Order?

Coming (hopefully) soon: (Made good spring cleanout of my quiver and did astonishingly and stokeingly well resale on Craigslist!) ...Lost: Rocket Redux 6'2 - XTR SL-CK YELLOW #8 Crowd Killer Round 7'0 - C4 Retro Ripper 6'6 - XTR Stringered Album: Townsend Asym twin 7' Poly/epoxy Should be...
  6. C

FCS H4

Thanks for the photos, those two look similar. I think the MF has slight extra cant than average as well. Maybe try with the larger center, probably not what you are after but you never know.
  7. C

FCS H4

I remember when the H2 came out a lot of people were off them but I clicked with them instantly, pretty sure it was the extreme cant that i liked the most. I broke tabs on several and wound up trying the H3 which had, I think normal cant and loved that as well. Question, would you say the h4...
  8. C

FCS H4

Wow, bummer...at first paragraph I thought you may have gone with the wrong size but then it went better backside (I find when I am under finned backside still goes. To my dismay I read this knowing that I am a Futures guy that just ordered a Rocket FCS 2, almost exclusively to try H4 but at...
  9. C

Design Talk

Craig Sugihara. You used to work there around that time, yes? If my memory serves I was told he didn't shape many at the time, maybe the vee nose to tail was something from the early 80's before rocker and concaves became dominant features?
  10. C

Design Talk

Great review! My guess is that when you get it in good open face waves arcing carves will be amazing robotic. I had a 6"8" T/C shaped bt Craig that I grabbed out of the factory in maybe 91 (was custom for someone on E coast but flaked out or something) it had vee from nose to tail and was...
  11. C

XTR

I am with you Mr Steve and that does seem steep, maybe it's the color? I could see somebody buy as an impulse purchase tho as that thing looks pretty sweet!
  12. C

Surf Equipment: Quality Gear

or until you get sunblock on em, in my experience
  13. C

Surf Equipment: Quality Gear

Edit- I never got to the end of this thread before posting the following... For rash prevention try "Glide", made to prevent runners chafing and comes in a deodorant application (blue). They even make a post rash ointment (green, squeeze application like sunblock). I ran out and, while...
  14. C

Surf Equipment Failure Thread

pu wax?
  15. C

stretch boards support and board pron thread

I like this photo, the perfect canvas fo a skatey stub board! nice one!