Recent content by chilly1

1. C

Step-up recommendations

My kid is 62x185 and this is his step up to his driver, around this this should be perfect for both growing into and catching solid surf:
  2. C

Need to Buy 2 Indestructible Boards: What do You Choose?

Was your ding on the bottom? Mine was tagged by an SUP in full trim, I luckily escaped with my life but the board was hit on the rail where the cork wraps around and there was only a hairline fracture. A witness saw the impact and the board shot up in the air. Plus scarcely a dent on the deck...
  3. C

Shoulders

I have torn shoulder labrums and have found exercises that take just a few minutes to both strengthen and increase mobility. I chose to not have surgery on them and for years after injury every winter the cold aggravated some sort of injury keeping me dry for months sometimes. When diligent...
  4. C

Boards for bigger surfers vs smaller surfers

When I saw that epic carve pic of Tai (pretty much every pic that gets put out of him for that matter) I was thinking it would be cool to have events where there is weight classes like boxing. Tai would be a contender in the heavyweights!
  5. C

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

NYD dawn patrol thought swell would be pulsing (like it was this morning!) but only like HH-ish (at the smallest spot in bay area zone) first wave caught with unexpected backwash jack, composed of bottom to run down the line but a nice curl called for semi stall and nice little, albeit brief...
  6. C

Spot on and getting a board from larger shapers like Mayhem or Rusty is usually a bullseye
  7. C

Sorry to disrupt this thread but as a fellow bigger surfer that has been keenly eying this exact model, would you care to do a ride report? I am 51 6'4x225 +/- and was envisioning your exact dimensions but 6'6" for myself. Big thanks Feral Seppo!
  8. C

It's a scaling thing but still keeping in mind that the board has to fit in the same size waves regardless or riders size. I would say if all else is equal taller surfers should ride shorter equipment.
  9. C

XTR

Life works in mysterious ways...those are some nice looking blades! Got some 90's hpsb vibes going, been missing the needle noses with all the offshores in my region recently!
  10. C

XTR

That sucks so bad! I am a nervous wreak because I have 2 coming from them currently and reading a lot of bad here. I won't be able to eyeball them as they aren't local to me. I will most definitely ask them to QC but sounds like you can't count on a transparent answer. I had one from them a...
  11. C

Best custom order experience

Andreini
  12. C

Rounded pin tail twins

Not yet but eventually, probably yes. because i busted up my wrist then gained 15 LBS, I have been riding Townsend exclusively because its my easiest paddler. Just last weekend realised my wrist brace delamed the rail so rather than jack up my other boards I will just ride this all winter looks...
  13. C

fight starter...do wetsuits stretch out over time?

Isurus "conforms to your shape" supposedly
  14. C

*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

Dawn patrol glassy sunny reef point surf 3-5' 30-40 yard frontside rides. 2 guys fist half hour then alone fro next 2 hours. Mostly sloopy tic tack walls with long distance cuties on Townsend twin happily and all is well.
  15. C

Anyone used the Billabong Furnace Zipperless?

I think it is supposed to keep water out, I have never had booties that let water in that I can remember besides a leak. Water eventually gets in eventually either way tho.