Recent content by ChaseTMP

1. ChaseTMP

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Anyone riding a Flare/GX mashup? Tim and I have been discussing this design for my next order other than a Blindspot. I might do a 2-fer and get a better graveler than my Fuse turned out to be.
  2. ChaseTMP

Album Surfboards

What's the white asym?
  3. ChaseTMP

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

1 sesh with my go to fins, another sesh with another set, if it doesn’t go with a third set/third sesh it’s out. There are times when a bort is so inconceivably bad that it doesn’t it doesn’t get a second chance. I bought a JS Air 17X that I literally felt like I was sarfing switchfoot (and I...
  4. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

I think that may be correct. Their borts are glassed light and get foot-wells really quickly. I've heard and read that a lot of pros like the wells, saying it gives them a more connected feeling and a reference point for their front foot. That's a partial reason a few (Kelly, JJF) played around...
  5. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

Are we on TGP?
  6. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

7. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

The most common alt-tech the CT guys would try would be EPS/Epoxy and that build definitely has its drawbacks. Everyone has tried to temper its perceived shortcomings with every imaginable combination of stringers/no stringers/composite stringers, Spine-Tek's, Exo Flex's, carbon strips etc., but...
  8. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

Interesting, I’ve never seen 5oz glassing before. If Macca’s was my homebreak I’d be interested in this, but I have a feeling it’d be similar to what I thought of the CI Proton, which was magic when the waves got really good, but was tough to make work in the typical stuff I surf out front.
  9. ChaseTMP

Chemistry The 23 model

Yeah, that seems like a potential concern, especially in PU or EPS construction.
  10. ChaseTMP

Chemistry The 23 model

I haven't seen this done yet. Looks kinda of interesting. Jason the shaper rips, so I have some faith it goes as intended. I've never ridden a Chemistry, but I've always liked their branding. Greg's son Parker was on them for a long time locally and always talked highly of them...
  11. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

In my original post I was referring to what a HPSB may look/feel like in 10 years. There will be a Costco (insert whatever big-box store you think will still be around) product available for adult learners that has nothing to do with performance I'm fairly certain.
  12. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

My most magic bort ever was probably the most chippy. I'm WAY past my prime, but remember how I could feel and react immediately on the 2-1/8" thick bladey bort my roommate at the time (close friend for almost 30 years) Matt Calvani, shaped me back in the late 90's. I knocked-out some guys at...
  13. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

That kind of blew my mind and did look incredibly fun. My only exposure to foiling was watching a guy off Manhattan Beach Pier just angling and getting off the wave early to pump back out and repeat. I still don't think I'd invest in a rig with the regular waves on offer around my place, but...
  14. ChaseTMP

HPSB 2034

I wouldn't say it's more durable than other constructions and I find the denting annoying. I would prefer if Varial would get foot-wells rather than golf balling all over the place. I still prefer the construction to other builds. I won't buy stringered borts as DD's anymore. After a certain...
  15. ChaseTMP

The Craigslist Thread

But, but, if you're over 150 pounds and can push through some turns, thems FCS plugs are popping through the deck within a week.