Recent content by centrlcoastkook

1. C

alive or dead, who do you miss from the erBB?

Craigj234 from Hawaii. I miss his body surfing perspectives Also, R3w and Bandini to give us the bay area scoop. And of course..CCG
  2. C

thanks rice!

Rice lives! I think I met him exactly one time at a hurricane Katrina benefit his wife had organized in Cayucos. So that would have been almost 20 years ago. Time flies.
  3. C

Where's all the old boogie boarders?

I had a Turbo XL-R8 too! Lots of fun pulling into close outs down at Oil Piers back in the late 80's early 90's.
  4. C

O‘ahu in December 2023

Thanks for the tip Gary. Non-surfers LOL.. I'm just stocked my kid wants to spend some time with me.
  5. C

O‘ahu in December 2023

Sorry that ReForest isn't able to make his Oahu trip, but me and my 12 year old son are headed to Oahu from the 16th-20th. He is a beginner/intermediate surfer. I haven't been to Oahu since before he was born, but last time I went there I had a good time surfing spots like 3's etc... right at...
  6. C

Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

Chris, that was an absolutely beautiful article and tribute to your friend. Thanks so much for sharing it.
  7. C

Catalytic converters

Buy an EV and you don't have to worry about catalytic converters:socrazy:
  8. C

2023 El Nino

Wasn't it Strawkins who got into epic debates with Surfdog about El Nino? It was entertaining and I learned quite a bit.
  9. C

CA Central Coast Road Trip

Better keep an eye on highway 1 conditions. https://roads.dot.ca.gov/ Currently closed north of Ragged Point and probably going to get worse after tomorrow.
  10. C

A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

I finally got a halibut off the kayak on Sunday. My buddy has been killing it all summer and I finally got 1.
  11. C

Feel old yet?

And how can this lady- Be this girl?
  12. C

Electric Tripping

Seems like we are all thinking about the same thing. I started the process of getting solar panels for the house almost 2 years ago. First was going to go with a Tesla Solar Roof. Had a signed contract and everything. Then they absolutely screwed their customers and increased the agreed upon...
  13. C

Kelly Slater looking husky/DONE?

Yep, if I remember correctly he was driving back from Disneyland.
  14. C

*** Official Pier Shots Thread ***

Those hills look like Pismo. Is that the "Spider" that I remember hearing about from some old timers?
  15. C

Any ERBBr's switch jobs recently?

I don't think you are asking me, but I'll respond anyway. Sure I think about doing stuff other than teaching all the time. I have enjoyed the job for the most part (high school social studies). But being a slave to the bell gets old. Having mid-morning surfs, or long lunches would sure be...