Recent content by cagey

1. C

Occy-Boxy Shortboards

I’ve had a couple. A super fun board. Excels in waist to chest and works in different wave types - although wouldn’t be my choice for smaller, throwing beach break. It’s fast and the hips keep it loose. It’s different enough from my orher boards that it took a few sessions to figure it out - but...
  2. C

PU to Dark Arts - order same dims?

Ordered a Sharpeye through Dark Arts a couple years back. The strong guidance from both the team at Sharpeye and Tony at Dark Arts was to keep my dims the same as usual. The folks at Sharpeye and Dark Arts were very helpful, patient, and friendly with all of my question. Board went great. Don't...
  3. C

Stab in the dark 2023

Futures Tokoro fins are 9.0.
  4. C

CI - Two Happy

That covers it. Wider, shorter, thicker. Slightly less rocker in the nose and tail. Single to double instead of a straight single.
  5. C

CI - Two Happy

Adding to @kool-aid’s comment above. Had a Two Happy Groveller (now Everyday). Liked it so much I got a regular Two Happy. But I just didn‘t click with it. Felt boaty while not paddling great. Was going to work through it but I YOLO’d an IF15 with which I had an instant connection. In fact...
  6. C

The Craftsman: Timmy Patterson

I've had nothing but A+ experiences ordering boards from T.Patterson. Last summer I ordered an OTR IF15 from the online shop. It was a bit of an impulse YOLO as I had received a custom CI Two Happy and a custom Inferno 72 just a few weeks earlier. The IF15 immediately became my favorite. It...
  7. C

Bobby Quad

Yep. In the comment thread, he corrected to 5'2"
  8. C

New board suggestion

The Chilli Volume II is worth adding to the consideration set. I've found it to be a fast board, a pretty easy paddler, big sweet spot, and will still crank when you get your back foot back. Good volume down the middle, wide tailblock, and relatively flat exit rocker. It surfs a bit more on the...
  9. C

CI - Two Happy

So back in February, I ordered a Happy but asked for the Two Happy Groveler just like @Scott Ando told us we could. Dims are 2" shorter, 1/4" wider than my standard shortboard with the same thickness. It came in the other week and I've had it out on a few surfs in punchy, chest high+ beachbreak...
  10. C

Lamina surfboard technology?

@Pyzelsurfboards how does the feel / performance of the Lamina construction compare to Dark Arts?
  11. C

Detailed Pyzel Dims

The Pyzel website added some fun detail to their descriptions of the Ghost, Shadow, and Radius. The descriptions for these boards now include measurements of entry / exit rocker, widepoint location, and nose / tail width. As someone who has ridden these boards but doesn't totally trust my eyes...
  12. C

Shadow vs. Fever

I've had a few Shadows and liked them. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a good paddler and fast down the line. The wide point is more forward than most HPSBs, and the foil is thicker than most upfront. To the extent that it's a more "forgiving" board, it comes from the stability and...
  13. C

Customs finally arrive....and they're sh!t. A venting thread

Just had two arrive from him. Right on schedule. They look great. Have only been on one and it’s spot on for what I was look for. Great consultation with him too.