Recent content by btesser

1. btesser

FS 7'0" Trimcraft (John Simon) Haley Pin

PRICE DROP to $500.
  2. btesser

FS 7'0" Trimcraft (John Simon) Haley Pin

Custom hand shaped Haley Pin by John Simon. Board has been very lightly used (by me) and is in 8.5/10 condition. No dings. Selling to fund a custom John Simon. Price is $550. 8" Greenough 4A fin is included. Bonzer side bites NOT included. (Note: fin in picture is a smaller Skip...
  3. btesser

For Sale: Ryan Lovelace "Pinnyback" Quad 6'1" - $475

Price Drop to $425.... before it goes on Craigslist.
  4. btesser

For Sale: Ryan Lovelace "Pinnyback" Quad 6'1" - $475

Up for grabs is a Ryan Lovelace "Pinnyback" Model. Essentially, the Piggyback model but with a pulled in round tail. It is a performance design. Nothing like the "Burner" model. Glassed heavier than your normal "shortboard", this board is a toob machine. I am the second owner of this board...
  5. btesser

Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

Yep. I got your old fins in the Gibbons twin. They work great.
  6. btesser

Rides like a good "shortboard." As Brian Hilbers emphasized to me, its a "hulled quad NOT a "quad hull." Its just a "regular shortboard" with some hull elements: it's pretty foiled out (especially in the nose), and has a bit of very subtle belly in the front half of the board, and then a deep...
  7. btesser

Partial quiver shot (I just pulled the boards I am selecting from for my upcoming trip to the Maldives - I have many more). Forecast looks kind of meh. So I might add my Lovelace sidecut keel to the mix. Left to right: -6'1" Lovelace "Pinnyback" - bought used and ridden 2x. Outline...
  8. btesser

Need Essentials Fins

Here you go. Not feeling like working much today anyway...
  9. btesser

Need Essentials Fins

As it turns out, The TM is almost identical to the TA. It has just a little more rake. But all in all, very similar. Perhaps the TM will be the ticket. With swell on the way here, hopefully I will get a chance to find out.
  10. btesser

Need Essentials Fins

Any ride reports on these fins? The mediums at (H: 5.5/B: 5.11) have similar dimensions to the True Ames TA Twin (H: 5.55/B: 5.12), but appear to have more rake. I prefer a bit more rake in my twin fins. Most of the twin fins are very upright. The CF Tyler Warren Especial (H: 5.51/B...
  11. btesser

Maldives - Pasta Point

Don't have any answers for you, yet... But I will be there from 9/4 through 9/12 and will let you know. Supposedly September is prime season wind-wise. I'm hoping the surfer-limit keeps the crowd manageable.
  12. btesser

Cole eeV twin?

Interesting assessment on the Tur Twin. I have a shorter Tur Twin (6'4") that I ride all the time and works great in most conditions, big and small. But now that you mention it, I have noticed that I sometimes blow steep/quick drops on that board. I always just chalked it up to user error -...