Recent content by bobwarren

1. B

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

You're good Sharkbiscuit. Guana isn't even a "spot" in the traditional sense. Regardless, everyone knows about it yet few surf it. It's too fickle and the next closest "spot" to the south would be Vilano. So Guana is sort of on an island with the only other close spot being Micklers. It's all...
  2. B

Most people that actually surf in Nocatee/PV seem to have moved from down south so they are usually happy to get any kind of semi regular swell. But yea, not too many outside of that, which is a good thing considering. I miss the Poles but I got sharky vibes in the winter time there all the...
  3. B

I'll have to paddle out soon. I tend to really like those March/April stomach high clean up days we get sometimes when the wind goes offshore. Paddle muscles are gonna be super out of shape but it is what it is.
  4. B

Moved down to PVB last year from AB/Poles. The kook level at Micklers is off the charts. I mean I haven't surfed since I moved but....:trout:. Maybe I should get on that.
  5. B

Hyundai Santa Cruz - why are we still calling these pickup trucks?

Exactly. There's a lot of stuff I just don't want in the main compartment of my car. Fishing stuff, nasty wetsuits, etc. Not to mention debris or tall/bulky items. Trucks aren't just about hauling heavy or big things.
  6. B

I've never seen it be a foot or two. So that's new to me. I just meant the ones with maybe 6 inches of adjustment.
  7. B

Most people here still use trucks as trucks though. I don't know about in California, but around here most people where I live have boats, haul surfing and fishing great, haul kayaks, etc. Not to mention many do use them for actual work.
  8. B

True. I always wonder how these people are affording $55k trucks then I remember 90 month financing is a thing now.
  9. B

Never seen an "adaptor". I think you mean an adjustable hitch. It's more to do with different trailer heights than anything.
  10. B

No most contractors have lifted $80k Denalis because they can write them off :drowning:
  11. B

Most people don't even need a standard sized sedan. By that logic, we should all drive one of those micro econo sh!t boxes like a Nissan Leaf. A bed that small is useless. Even the 5.5 ones on most trucks nowadays are basically useless.
  12. B

I have a toolbox on my truck bed for that. It's lockable and I can still actually use the bed. If you have storage space under the bed....you can't use the bed. Or if you do, you can't access your things under the bed until you unload it.
  13. B

YOLO ALERTS

Tried to YOLO a custom through a shop that's a dealer of a particular shaper (both shaper and shop are local). Shop gets the order and says thanks we'll send an invoice for the down payment soon. Then they get back to me saying said shaper is not taking custom orders, only shop orders (this shop...
  14. B

Any shops that have a large online selection of in-stock ready to purchase boars?

I've heard great things. I'm a bit north of there. Lots of great shapers up this way too, Whiz, Dunlop, COS etc. I've had great boards from all of them.
  15. B

Any shops that have a large online selection of in-stock ready to purchase boars?

Actually in the final stages of ordering a board from a local shaper. Probably after Christmas as a finish date but I'm OK with that. It's kind of fishy up front but with a round tail. Quad/thruster set up. Also stopped by Sunrise. Lots of Sharpeyes and Pyzels. But nothing that really caught...