Recent content by Bob Dobbalina

1. B

RV or vacation van rental experiences

Has anyone rented an RV or similar travel van on the west coast in the last few years? My wife floated the idea of a road trip and I want to see what I can put together. We have a 5.5 year old and a 2 year old, so unpacking and packing a campsite every time is not necessarily ideal, but we're...
  2. B

Haydenshapes practically giving away boards this AM?

The insta linked scam store hustle is getting pretty strong. I've noticed. Whatever cookies and data packages they are buying are giving them the right goods because I've had several well targeted ones lately. Kids, dummies, and old people are going to be getting nailed.
  3. B

Car totaled question

Sign me up. The Camry Wagons were epic The Accord wagons were more rare, but epic. The Audi wagon era was rad, but I wouldn't pay the premiums. Same with the 3 series BMWs. The early 00s Accords would have made fantastic wagons. Really, any era Accord should offer a wagon. I miss the Impreza...
  4. B

Car totaled question

Yeah. The VWs feel like a great car. I love a Volvo wagon too. Pretty much all eras. But I've never owned one, and they aren't cheap. I loved Subaru when I was younger and they were a touch more utilitarian looking. Now that they are basically an SUV with lower seats, I'm less into them. I...
  5. B

Car totaled question

I basically drive this. I just clicked over on 100k in the 2017 pPrius V It works for surf stuff, but I'd prefer a real wagon. Despite the larger rear cargo area, there are times where I think the regular Prius would have allowed for more cargo. The hatch allows a bigger trunk opening than the...
  6. B

*** The Official What Movies Are You Streaming Thread ***

I think episode 2 dropped. I loved the book. So far I'm 85/15 on the show. I'm looking forward to it. What they did with Robert Downey Junior is shaping up to be hilarious.
  7. B

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

I won't be shocked in the least if the Olympics were to end up at Lowers in 28. It's got to be there or HB.
  8. B

Maldives, worth it?

Israelis are not fun to surf with. They're bad in Sri Lanka too. I stayed at Pasta Point once. It's pretty dreamy once you're there. Boats to Sultans and all the other spots were included if you weren't surfing Pasta
  9. B

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Yes, liquid welds of the past used to crack, then pinch. And I worry about the lack of liner as well. idk idk
  10. B

Palm Springs Surf Club

Good point. I haven't researched it, but I think the pool is set low with walls on 3/4 sides. Might be a relatively non issue.
  11. B

lol. While a bit heavy, I never had an issue with my Rip Curl Fbomb. Well, the zipper corroded, but that's probably on me. But I've never been in a luxury suit
  12. B

Looks like Da Kine has changed their liners
  13. B

Palm Springs Surf Club

The reservations during Coachella coincided with some dj events and stuff through Goldenvoice, a pretty large event producer. I think it's a wise step. If you can get to PS by 5, there's a session open for $200
  14. B

I guess this is what I'm getting at. $589 Isarus Volcom- $189 on sale. Most sizes $469 Rip Curl F series. They offer another step up with no stitches and the E series with what sounds like a lesser lining I couldn't find a pic of the inside of an oneill