Recent content by Black

1. B

Surfing and cigarettes

That's what they were made of originally.
  2. B

What’s your favorite OTR Daily Driver

I'm still finding the JS Monstabox a 'good for anything' thruster with float.
  3. B

Any of you foo's air fry ?

Was given one for Christmas - pointless gadget that cooks everything worse than stuff you already have. Tried hard to find the use of it. Microwave is far more versatile if you want a cooking box in the kitchen complimentary to your cooker. Don't bother its a fad.
  4. B

Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

Mark Felix is a 57yo british strongman who retired last year I think. He broke the world record for Hercules hold in 2020 and this deadlift at 55. He is a kind of freak in that respect & shows that at least one person can defy the laws of physics! I think Tyson has passed that stage some years...
  5. B

I just re-watched the Tyson/Jones jr fight from a few years back and Tyson lasted the full 8 rounds well and won despite the gentlemanly draw given. His balance was not like the old days though and he seemed less stable on his legs which means the power in his punches will be well down. Agree...
  6. B

DHD MF Eclipse

Yes, part of it may be like, the big named surfboard makers are using this resin so we'll use it too. I could ask someone!! Incidentally I thought the Eclipse looked really interesting until this thread unravelled it :-)
  7. B

The voice of experience...
  8. B

DHD MF Eclipse

We do have resin manufacturers in the UK and we have boat builders etc. so I don't understand why we import board resin, maybe its a numbers game.
  9. B

Surfing and cigarettes

Simpsons did well here because we got the humour. One of the better american exports :shaka:
  10. B

Surfing and cigarettes

Its 8:35pm here, I'm knee deep in a bottle of wine after a gin n tonic chaser and I no longer smoke so surfed today - life is good!
  11. B

Surfing and cigarettes

Erm don't you mean correlation doesn't equal causation?
  12. B

Surfing and cigarettes

The thing I used to like about smoking was that you were partaking in a fire ritual like some kind of shaman. You strike a phosphorous incandescent mini explosive stick or add spark to gas and boom - suck deep into your body the transforming plant-smoke. Your body sucks out all the alchemical...
  13. B

Mental Health thread

You assume they have two!
  14. B

DHD MF Eclipse

188 big macs on a uk made Pyzel saves a whole lot more on an import. Boards are just very costly here (could be due to importing materials?). I know Ocean Magic up the road do them and they've been going since the 70s if I remember right. Pyzel gave them the contract so he must think they're...
  15. B

DHD MF Eclipse

<Open rant> This really gets my goat. By the time you've written "look at the pics for dims" you could have just typed the dims, moran. And the title without at least length in it means I have to look at ten photos of a 5'6" to find its not a 6'2", time wasting morans... grrrrr! <Close rant>