Recent content by bigtuna

1. B

If you left California, where would you move?

as fast as these places change, we all change just as quickly. our perceptions, interests and goals. the places ive left are nothing like I remember them - in measurable ways that could not physically have changed in the amount of time I've been gone, so i'm the one that changed. I think...
  2. B

Watch out! Cyclist coming through

The question is how much slack is being generated and how quickly are you pedaling backwards. If you spin the pedals relatively quickly backwards it is normal for the chain to compress up top / flop around / seem like it is going to bounce off. And yes - it will always do this more in the...
  3. B

I had to Delete all my Instagram accounts.

I have always had every notification on my phone completely off. Moon symbol, silenced, the whole thing. I see texts and missed calls when I see them. That said, I’m a sucker for social media (Instagram) and spend way too much of my time there. The thing is, at 32, if you’re still single and...
  4. B

Ford Transit

Yea LSD = limited slip lol. And nah I just call vanny a hog sometimes. But what I meant was - yea, the LSD caused the back end to kick out unexpectedly. Normally with an open diff and decent traction, if one of the wheels encounters ice, it would just be allowed to slip without taking the other...
  5. B

Ford Transit

W regard to parking - my hog is 18.5 ft, and it’s a breeze. Been living in and daily driving for nearly five years in SoCal. Never have an issue with parallel parking and it has a horrible turning radius (Chevy, early 2000’s). Sometimes you have to pass up smaller spots and keep searching for a...
  6. B

Matt Biolos sounds like a Whiney bitch

Update: searched google to make sure I wasn’t imagining things, because he did update his website. Except for... “More about GF (Guild Factor) GF measures the ratio between the surfers body weight and the volume (in Cubic Liters) of a surfboard. The GF number is...” He missed one ;)...
  7. B

Matt Biolos sounds like a Whiney bitch

I’ll tell you one thing he doesn’t know; that cubic liters don’t exist. Does anyone know if he’s still writing “cL” next to his volume numbers? I emailed him about this 7 or 8 years ago because I’m a nerd and it bugged me. I remember checking 3-4 years later and he was still calling them cubic...
  8. B

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

I’m fairly certain you’re agreeing with Surfdog, but you just made his point like 10x more confusing and somehow brought WWE into it... This is what it looks like when people try to be philosophical :rolleyes:
  9. B

I have access to a hose that I’ve been using for the past, 2 months now? It’s really not as bad as people think. A couple minutes of very slight discomfort while your body adjusts, then you’re just chillin.
  10. B

I think we tend to project our own intellect onto the general population, and it isn’t necessarily true. I’m currently trying to talk both of my best friends out of spending all of their stimulus / unemployment cushions on second cars. Another friend spent his entire stimulus check on Supreme...
  11. B

I looked up the one I was referring to - Game Changers. There was a Joe Rogan podcast with Chris Kresser that ripped it to shreds. I have friends that are really terrible at being able to discern true versus false information online. I think this is one of the core issues alongside basic...
  12. B

This is a pain in the ass on mobile, but that quote about the life expectancy thing - just an FYI your average age of death from COVID could be above the average life expectancy and it could still lower the average life expectancy. Here’s how: You have 100 people die at every age from 68 to 78...
  13. B

But how would they know it isn’t the CIA thumping back the Morse code that they think the other one wants to hear? There would have to be some sort of agreed upon verification code, something not easily figured out by surveillance either. Maybe it could be the GPS coordinates of each of the...
  14. B

Huntington Beach - Massive Protest - Surfers Revolt!!!

Been hearing a bit of this around HB. I’m afraid of running red lights because I’m a pussy? Or - I’m afraid of running red lights because there’s a reasonable expectation of catastrophic damage? The whole “telling people they’re afraid” thing to try and belittle them is made based on the...