Recent content by bigmtnbill

1. B

Surfing with Wing Foil

Once you start riding waves with the wing, you'll quit prone foiling and pray for wind everyday.
  2. B

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

I had that bottom one. Vertical tail wing was ground off by my buddy. Thing went well. But there's so much better stuff out there now. 2 yrs ago it was a different story.
  3. B

Foil Froth Fever

75kg I've done knee starts on longer/narrower boards in the 50-60L range. Hoping to try my 40L prone board and my 25L 3'10 I use for towing soon. Plenty of wind this weekend. We'll see how it goes!
  4. B

Foil Froth Fever

Yup I'm fully addicted to winging now. 4'9 x 24.5" board, 71L. I can barely stand on it when not moving, but knee starts are fairly easy. The other day I had a 2.5hr session, logged 23 miles on foil. And that was mostly riding waves. Find a wave, cruise onto it, luff the wing and surf the wave...
  5. B

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

Yup when I started I got a Chinese knockoff of a naish, second hand from a friend of a friend. It worked well for learning. But at the time there really wasn't a second hand market for foils. 2 years later there are heaps of really good foils used on Craigslist. You can save a few hundred for...
  6. B

Best foil for you.

30-40L 4'4 - 4'8 For most people. If you're really big or really small change the above accordingly.
  7. B

Best foil for you.

I haven't heard much feedback about the BSC wings yet, but yes that would be a good size for you or maybe the 1060 if you're in stronger waves. I'd recommend the short fuse to start. And the 400 or 390 tail. A lot of guys like the 1010 wing, which you might be able to find used. Either way...
  8. B

Armstrong riders experiences

1250 is way better than 1550. Never got to ride the 1050, but the guys I know that have both only ride the 1050.
  9. B

Best foil for you.

Sozzle, let's hear about that f-one phantom... you sell the armstrong?
  10. B

Best foil for you.

Haha hdip trying to sell me gear hours after I have knee surgery and still coming off anesthesia!
  11. B

Best foil for you.

Just go fast and turn more. From the videos I've been seeing looks like you guys have a giant slalom course! (And steamroller likes to hit the gates!)
  12. B

Foil Session Logs

just had my first tow experience yesterday... humbling, haha. Tried to use my normal prone board with just a front strap, but just couldn't get up. too much volume for a sinker start, and i think a little too wide for a wakeboard start. luckily my buddy brought his old school tow foil board...
  13. B

Wingfoil Harness Time?

I just made a belt with 2" webbing and used a da kine maniac hook. Works pretty good, but the belt could be a little bigger in the back for comfort. Good for going upwind as well as making crashes more spectacular when you can't get the line out of the hook!
  14. B

Foil Session Logs

Talking about how much difference a board makes, I had a shocker today. 3rd wave in a freak slow motion accident the nose of my buddies sup put a hole in the rail of my board. So I immediately paddle in and switch it out with the old old board I learned on. Wow! I couldn't do anything! Could...
  15. B

Let's Talk Foil Safety

Best advice I've seen!