Recent content by Bennyc

1. B

Sharpeye HT2.5 review

I recently picked one of these up on gumtree and here is my impression...... first two surfs on it I thought I had made a mistake and didnt like the board. It could have been the waves or me but it just didnt click. I had JW large fins in and struggled to put the board where I wanted it in...
  2. B

Salsa Reviews the Sharp Eye Infernal 72

See if I can post this pic up but the aus sharpeye site has these dims.
  3. B

Yeah thanks guys. Still feel I would go a shorter wider board than my hpsb which is 6’ and get either a 5’9 or 10. The 5’9 I held was 27.9 from memory and had a very healthy amount of thickness in the middle just after the rail. I have not seen a “slim” version of one yet. interesting call...
  4. B

just out of interest. Are you riding the i72 closer to the same dims as your driver 2.0. As they have different dims In the range. I have a driver 2.0 in 6’ and I would probably go 5’9 or 5’10 so a considerable but shorter. Be interested to se your thoughts on the two and what dims you ride in...
  5. B

Ci rocket wide.

Finally found a 5’7 rw in Spine-Tek. Been a very up and down after 4 Surfs. As freeride76 Said it does feel like you need to get your feet back on the board otherwise it tends to not plane efficiently. Backhand surfing has been excellent most people tend to step back on the board when on their...
  6. B

Footage of coffin on a JS

another Blak box3 sh!t on. Can anyone work out why they are such a dog? I was so disappointed with mine. On paper it should be so much better.
  7. B

Ci rocket wide.

That’s some good feedback, I’m so stumped. Yep I think I will wait till I find one used as I don’t want to drop 1100 on a new one. Thinking maybe sub driver 2 swallow or I keep saying get another sub scorcher 2 dws. Been having a few great surf on my sub driver in eps but it’s going to die soon.
  8. B

Ci rocket wide.

Dolly dagger looks sick. Panda don’t seem to be in oz here at the moment. I used to see him in the surf but he obviously moved tot the states.
  9. B

Ci rocket wide.

Thanks guys. It’s not going to be a groveler. It’s for 2-3 foot so waist to head in Australia. Yep I agree that beach grit found it lit up it just starts off bad. I don’t like the outline of the tail in the nb2 so it sound superficial but vent buy a board I don’t want to hold and touch. I have a...
  10. B

Ci rocket wide.

Trying to get some more information on the rocket wide. Watched all the YouTube clips but wanted to hear some more readers opinion. I’m heavy off the front foot and worry the nose will catch. Also the spinetek looks great but I worry about the durability and also does it add any float to your...
  11. B

Pyzalien 2 vs. Astro Pop

hey mate. Just on your bb3 I had one and didn’t like it at all. Tried a few fin combos but I found the nose to catch a lot and didn’t have the low end it should have. Bb2 was a way better board. I too wish I had pyzaliened. I liked the swallow tail in the bb3 and it worked well in reasonable...