Recent content by Atrain505

1. A

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Have to try a few different fin setups at the very least.
  2. A

If I were a rich Canadian

Not true. Don’t need a boat. Although would be nice. I live on Vancouver island. Get plenty of solo sessions or just a couple people in head high glassy perfect waves. Takes years of learning tides, winds, swell direction, etc. You need to be willing to hike in the pissing rain and mud. It’s not...
  3. A

The ultimate Duffy fin give away….

Fcs2 Britt Merrick twin.
  4. A

Tomo MPH

The hydroshort is one of the most back footed boards I have ever surfed. Gas pedal when pressuring the back foot. Pumping/pressuring off the front foot, bog city. I love the evo. Wish I knew which of his other models had a rocker similar to the evo. Could not get the hydroshort to work. If you...
  5. A

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Patagonia. Warmer. Last way longer. Yes the yulex is slightly stiffer than competitors high end neoprene but that really doesn’t matter for booties. I had a season where I rotated 7mm xcels with 7mm patagonias so confident in my assessment. Of course they have to fit correctly.
  6. A

Tomo MPH

Love the evo. Got a used one from a buddy. All time favourite groveller. I'm a front footed surfer (i.e. generate speed/pump off my front foot, everyone turns with their back foot) and the evo just gelled. It's beat to sh!t now and yellow as can be, but every time I pull it out its all smiles...
  7. A

Pyzel Precious

Love the gremlin. Precious vs phantom rocker and performance characteristics?
  8. A

Fin Construction - Not Sketchy But Still Performs?

I’m probably in the minority but I actually quite like the flex of fcs2 neo glass in grovelers and daily drivers. Preferred over stiffer fins. They don’t fold and have a nice spring to them in and out of turns. The step below neo glass (I think they call them glass flex are absolute crap). Same...
  9. A

RIP Mikala Jones

While I agree people should have a tourniquet, it is not going to stop a fatality from a severed femoral artery in a remote location. There is a wild story of a pro mountain biker who had a crash (possibly in the canaries?) and compound fractured his pelvis. Severed artery. He literally reached...
  10. A

Traction placement ruling needed

Yago would be a world title threat if there were a couple performance lefts on tour instead of 90% rights.
  11. A

Neoprene - surfing’s “shabby little secret”

Patagonia has an ad in the new surfer's journal telling people to buy yulex wetsuits from the other companies that make them now. Billabong, need essentials, Seea, Finisterre, Srface. I used to have proform (40% off) through a different industry with Patagonia so I've seen the evolution of...
  12. A

Fcs vs futures

I said it in post 24 and will say it again here... I’ll add that it would be a super easy fix for futures that would require a small adjustment to the box. Instead of the screw being parallel to the fin put it just a few millimeters over at a 45 degree angle so it provides both side to side and...
  13. A

Fcs vs futures

I'm not sure how people have never had a loose wobbly side to side fin with futures. Literally every board I've ever had with futures had at least one box like that. I've had friends say that's not a thing then most of the time I jiggle their fins and at least one rocks side to side. Some tape...
  14. A

Fcs vs futures

I’ll add that it would be a super easy fix for futures that would require a small adjustment to the box. Instead of the screw being parallel to the fin put it just a few millimeters over at a 45 degree angle so it provides both side to side and forward back pressure at the same time.
  15. A

Fcs vs futures

Long time lurker. From the great white north where Hump used to surf. I’ll chime in. Fcs2 fan. Maybe Futures is stronger but when literally every board has at least one loose box that requires tapping the fin every single time you switch fins so it’s tight, or a tight box that is a pain in the...