Divorce Thread better than book thread

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My friend is in a dead marriage to an opiate addict.

I said he should just leave.

He explained the lifetime of alimony and her part ownership in the business.

It was grim.

They just lead separate lives. She stays in her room and takes pills.
man that's grim all right.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
there was a time I thought similar of mine.

after we (the kids) moved out and started our own lives but before grandchildren and their declining health. they really didn’t need each other and if anything saw the other as prohibitive to getting their life back.

my father finally felt needed by my mother when she had hip surgery. my mother less annoyed by his antics now seeing utility. they both now admit knowing the other is there for them in their declining state is piece of mind money cannot buy and that brought them closer than ever.

i think they’re due to hit 50yrs in a year or so. they are smitten these days. watching them get to adore their grandchildren together is icing on the cake.
My inlaws did similar - no divorce but split up as soon as the kids left - it was mostly my MIL that wanted him out for no good reason.

Then my FIL was living like a 20 year old with his own apartment. Big screen TV, mattress on the floor, etc. It was pathetic.

Very WTF.

My MIL bought a condo in a retirement community. She had no car (always relied on my FIL to drive her everywhere). So she was riding the shuttle and taking public transport. Plenty of friends and family but would not stop bitching she was lonely.

So she took him back in. He sleeps on the futon in the living room and she in the bedroom.

Still bitches about him and in total denial that for better or worse they are joined at the hip. :shrug:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That's already here - the top 10% of men are getting all the trim but not marrying.
I think they will be marrying in the future.

But polygamous marriages.

It will be highly appealing to women who desire safety, stability, and children but cannot find a decent man.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
i set up a Hinge profile last week, just to pass the time while the movers were doing their thing. Holy smokes, there are a lot of attractive successful women in New York happy to meet a man with a job and a full head of hair
Yeah you're going to be swimming in it. Praying for you RN, @Subway!

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think they will be marrying in the future.

But polygamous marriages.

It will be highly appealing to women who desire safety, stability, and children but cannot find a decent man.
No man with that kind of means is going to subject himself to that much alimony exposure in our society. Look at Elon Musk - he procreates with a lot of women - a lot - but doesn't marry them. The only conceivable alternative is to re-structure society like the Kingdom of Saud where sheikhs have upwards of 5 wives and more concubines like their prophet Mohammed. Sheikh Bin Laden had 50-70 sons, including Osama.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The disgusting thing about finding a mate these days is people have "lists" and a new partner must meet that criteria.

First it was women, now a lot of men too it seems.

Dating apps make it worse. "No tattoos" "No xyz politics" etc.

That's not the way relationships work.

It seems people under 35 just can understand that...and then they wonder why they can't find a mate.

This is what happens when a society's social and community frameworks begin to crumble.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You're new to this sick world of dating apps I take it?

I say that not jokingly.
yes. it's crazy. I've barely done a thing, and my inbox runneth over. I don't WANT to date, i was just curious. And i like the idea of gradually expanding my social world, and meeting lots of good looking successful women

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
i set up a Hinge profile last week, just to pass the time while the movers were doing their thing. Holy smokes, there are a lot of attractive successful women in New York happy to meet a man with a job and a full head of hair
you’re fishing in a barrel with tnt.

my buddy talks about how much he misses the easy NYC talent all the time.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The disgusting thing about finding a mate these days is people have "lists" and a new partner must meet that criteria.

It seems people under 35 just can understand that...and then they wonder why they can't find a mate.

This is what happens when a society's social and community frameworks begin to crumble.
There are tons of videos on this on the internet. Basically, women are left in a sea of options through social media and Top 10% Chad isn't too picky about who he'll lay with. Women interpret this fling with Chad to mean, "I'm in the top 10% too" so they stop looking at other men in their range until desperation kicks in. This is sad.

We're in Calhoun's rat experiment. I resisted this explanation for a long time since we're not rats and have a spiritual side, but this is as good of a materialistic explanation as any.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
My inlaws did similar - no divorce but split up as soon as the kids left - it was mostly my MIL that wanted him out for no good reason.

Then my FIL was living like a 20 year old with his own apartment. Big screen TV, mattress on the floor, etc. It was pathetic.

Very WTF.

My MIL bought a condo in a retirement community. She had no car (always relied on my FIL to drive her everywhere). So she was riding the shuttle and taking public transport. Plenty of friends and family but would not stop bitching she was lonely.

So she took him back in. He sleeps on the futon in the living room and she in the bedroom.

Still bitches about him and in total denial that for better or worse they are joined at the hip. :shrug:
Sounds to me like there’s no good way out for them
They entered an agreement years ago and now their stuck with each other
Until death do they part
Sounds like a pretty fucking miserable way to live
Of course Maybe I’m misinterpreting based on your short description

Reactions: Mr Doof

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Sounds to me like there’s no good way out for them
They entered an agreement years ago and now their stuck with each other
Until death do they part
Sounds like a pretty fucking miserable way to live
Of course Maybe I’m misinterpreting based on your short description
They are in denial/unaware of their love for each other.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

How many years you think we got left?

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta