Going to Eleuthera

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
looks pretty

pretty sharky
When I was there in the 90s there was an area near Hatchett Bay where the locals warned us not to go in the water. Said there had been a poultry business that had since failed but when it was operating they dumped the poultry waste in the water and even though the business was long gone the sharks stayed.

There were places I wanted to surf on Eleuthera but didn't have a good feeling about paddling out alone because of the shark factor. It feels really sharky there but nothing quite frankly as how sharky it feels on the South side of Cape Hatteras.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I don’t worry about sharks. The odds are absurd and if that’s the way, that’s the way

Reactions: tenover

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
What GromsDad said about flights/boardbag.
The Bahamas is a more overtly religious country than the US - I think you were just kind of joking but still, heads up.
It's not on the radar because it's pretty expensive, most spots are onshore the vast majority of the time, and the swell window and season closely resemble Florida. There's a couple cold-soft longboarders in St. Augustine and Jacksonville who would rather go to PR in Winter then Latin America in Summer. Most of us are happy enough in Florida this time of year, and saving up the vacation for June/July/August when it gets dog days depressing.

If you can get a decent bonefish in 1' of water on 10# test that thing will haul ass.

Maybe @paunch23 Can give us an Exumas report if he hasn't already?
Is the prettiest beaches/sea I’ve ever seen and weather is perfect!
It is pretty upscale moneywise and beautiful women all around.
I m not even gonna worry about the surf down here.
Went fishing near “cat island” and the ocean didn’t look inviting (surfwise). We had a teaser blue marlin but didn’t hook…

today walked to the other side of Compass Cayand thought I would see waves but i guess swell gets blocked by Cat Island.

Attachments

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Put my name in consideration for this venture. Want to meet the Ogre even if he hates me :)
You’re welcome to stop by on the way, you’ll still have a long bus ride to Subway’s secret spot. Plan for a long days bus ride or fly back from Zihuatanejo to the DF then to Salina Cruz. Anyone that posts here is welcome to stop by. Always have been. Bring @hal9000, I’ll have my grandkids push him into a wave.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Un marked disposable vape pens in checked bag, flower up the bum, roger that
Edibles? You can just empty a regular bag of gummies and refill with the good stuff, Very discreet cruising with family as well.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think you may have misunderstood. We are all coming to stay in Your palapa for several weeks
I don’t have a palapa but there are instructions on how to build one in The People’s Guide to Mexico. I have all of the materials (palm trees) and tools (machetes, shovels, etc.) you will need. My wife will instruct you step by step, starting with going up the tree to cut palapa.

@mundus bring your cordless sawzall and lyfao @Subway trying to cut palapa with a machete.

Edit: don’t make me post a picture of afoaf trying to open a coconut.:monkey:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I don’t have a palapa but there are instructions on how to build one in The People’s Guide to Mexico. I have all of the materials (palm trees) and tools (machetes, shovels, etc.) you will need. My wife will instruct you step by step, starting with going up the tree to cut palapa.

@mundus bring your cordless sawzall and lyfao @Subway trying to cut palapa with a machete.

Edit: don’t make me post a picture of afoaf trying to open a coconut.:monkey:
For real though. @Hardeaux wants to check out and surf Zihua and Sayaludita annd that left in front of your place, etc. we will come visit you for a couple of days if we are welcome. I know you don’t have AC but I am no longer a whale so I can sleep in the heat pretty comfortably.

I’m insane But you know this and can handle me just fine. @Hardeaux is the calm and tranquilo one, and balances me out better than any benzo/SSRI cocktail. We will bring any and all supplies needed