How’s the stock market?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I said it months ago. I’m a buyer in 2023. Moar SP exposure, moar exotic real estate, moar, um, ok that’s about it. moar Philanthropy.

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The most likely reason this place gets shut down is because of the poor effort made to moderate people who are liabilities.

Redbone and the OT permaban comes to mind.

So dumb this place almost got the axe over that. The mods were warned about that guy and did nothing.

Stu Lanning was another one. An accident waiting to happen. Is he still alive or did he carry through with the threats to kill himself?
I don’t disagree but you are often at the center of, or at least enflaming, the most contentious and obnoxious thread derailments on the forum. Banning you would have a remarkable and virtually instantaneous calming effect on the forum. In fact, your negativity is more likely to cause harm in the real world than most of the other poor behavior around here…but I’m not going to ban you just cause you’re an asshole.

And I’m not not judging. You’re often entertaining especially when people don’t yet know that you have just been trolling your same game here for years.

Basically you’re a raging prick to everyone on this forum, so, if one were to consider banning the chronic ”liabilities” as you call them, nurse ratchet would be at the top of that list.

troll-on home boy. Tell us some more about how we should moderate this place.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I don’t disagree but you are often at the center of, or at least enflaming, the most contentious and obnoxious thread derailments on the forum. Banning you would have a remarkable and virtually instantaneous calming effect on the forum. In fact, your negativity is more likely to cause harm in the real world than most of the other poor behavior around here…but I’m not going to ban you just cause you’re an asshole.

And I’m not not judging. You’re often entertaining especially when people don’t yet know that you have just been trolling your same game here for years.

Basically you’re a raging prick to everyone on this forum, so, if one were to consider banning the chronic ”liabilities” as you call them, nurse ratchet would be at the top of that list.

troll-on home boy. Tell us some more about how we should moderate this place.
Sorry (?):shrug:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think my influence here is overstated.

A good example is when I'm told I'm running a bunch of troll handles, or someone IDs me as some new troll.:rolleyes:

I'm like, "Are you fvckin serious?"

Believe me, I've tried to register a few troll handles and they never get approved.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
If anything smells even a little trollish or bottish I reject. Unless it’s a truly inventive troll handle- then I might approve just to see what happens

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If anything smells even a little trollish or bottish I reject. Unless it’s a truly inventive troll handle- then I might approve just to see what happens
Here's a screenshot from just now:

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 5.51.25 AM.png

Latest member: "jenifierwilliam" :roflmao:

If the approval process is as described then obvious bots wouldn't get approved, but they regularly get approved.

I'm totally clueless about technology and my abilities are limited to the erBB and google but I'm still convinced you guys are able to catalog IP addresses so only select individuals can register multiple handles.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Here's a screenshot from just now:

View attachment 147414

Latest member: "jenifierwilliam" :roflmao:

If the approval process is as described then obvious bots wouldn't get approved, but they regularly get approved.

I'm totally clueless about technology and my abilities are limited to the erBB and google but I'm still convinced you guys are able to catalog IP addresses so only select individuals can register multiple handles.
can't speak for here, but elsewhere, the mods should be able to see ip addresses, and any new register with an ip already known should get flagged on registration. that being said, there are lots of ways for a known user to register under a different ip address and there are also legit reasons why multiple real users could be at the same ip addresses. forum modding is not a perfect system.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

A good example is when I'm told I'm running a bunch of troll handles, or someone IDs me as some new troll.:rolleyes:

Believe me, I've tried to register a few troll handles and they never get approved.
What a true Geek Pod

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Your trainwreck OP batting average is Lou Gehrig to our Lou-tle League. You IMHO gave Brukuns well meaning advice (under your casa_mugrienta handle at least) in the Crypto thread. Then he stubbornly refused and you grabbed anything you could to twist it to see if you could wind him up. Same with mundus. To some extent you are sort of an Underpants Gnome but for trolling.

You have (facilited or) returned people's lost boards so that's awesome! Your wetsuit posts are quality.

Sometimes, when people catch you in the act, then you PM them asking them to take that post down, they start wondering what other trolls are yours.

And there's no denying drainer, drainer.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Your trainwreck OP batting average is Lou Gehrig to our Lou-tle League. You IMHO gave Brukuns well meaning advice (under your casa_mugrienta handle at least) in the Crypto thread. Then he stubbornly refused and you grabbed anything you could to twist it to see if you could wind him up. Same with mundus. To some extent you are sort of an Underpants Gnome but for trolling.

You have (facilited or) returned people's lost boards so that's awesome! Your wetsuit posts are quality.

Sometimes, when people catch you in the act, then you PM them asking them to take that post down, they start wondering what other trolls are yours.

And there's no denying drainer, drainer.
I'm not even sure what most of that means but I'm still roflmao

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
can't speak for here, but elsewhere, the mods should be able to see ip addresses, and any new register with an ip already known should get flagged on registration. that being said, there are lots of ways for a known user to register under a different ip address and there are also legit reasons why multiple real users could be at the same ip addresses. forum modding is not a perfect system.
this I'm finding to be true...HOwever I am the least software savvy guy on the forum, most likely. i've noticed that the IP-tracking does not really distinguish much, but i DO see any previously flagged "spam bots" popping back up, and the "system" already recognizes them as a prior Spam attempt or whatever, making those easy enough to render judgement and delete.

The trickier ones are when they just seem SOOOO normal, those are the ones i actually question the most. LIke when someone tries to register a super innocuous, vaguely surfer-ish and authentic handle, but it still just smells funny. I may very well have rejected a number of well-intentioned surfers who have been lurking, and have finally decided to join the fun, only to get rejected by me because the registration seemed TOO normal. Oh well. If they REALLY want to join the club, they'll just have to try again. So, for any of you legitimate lurkers that have been rejected, try try again :)

And then i remember it's just a surfer forum full of weirdos like me, and i laugh and laugh, and then poke fun at Moogises again :)

PS- i sure as hell didn't approve Jennifier lol. Obviously a bot, with the misspelled first name. And if it IS a real peron who misspelled their own first name, well, the intellectual elite on the forum would never tolerate her ignorance anyway

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
this I'm finding to be true...HOwever I am the least software savvy guy on the forum, most likely. i've noticed that the IP-tracking does not really distinguish much, but i DO see any previously flagged "spam bots" popping back up, and the "system" already recognizes them as a prior Spam attempt or whatever, making those easy enough to render judgement and delete.

The trickier ones are when they just seem SOOOO normal, those are the ones i actually question the most. LIke when someone tries to register a super innocuous, vaguely surfer-ish and authentic handle, but it still just smells funny. I may very well have rejected a number of well-intentioned surfers who have been lurking, and have finally decided to join the fun, only to get rejected by me because the registration seemed TOO normal. Oh well. If they REALLY want to join the club, they'll just have to try again. So, for any of you legitimate lurkers that have been rejected, try try again :)

And then i remember it's just a surfer forum full of weirdos like me, and i laugh and laugh, and then poke fun at Moogises again :)

PS- i sure as hell didn't approve Jennifier lol. Obviously a bot, with the misspelled first name. And if it IS a real peron who misspelled their own first name, well, the intellectual elite on the forum would never tolerate her ignorance anyway
i've modded elsewhere for many years in a couple of forums - one surf-related, one computer-related - and i notice the bots' ability to get through registration and make coherent posts is getting better and better. they home in on a key word in a thread title and can formulate an credible post in that thread, ostensibly on-topic. sometimes you have to let one run for a while and make a couple posts before you can pretty conclusively decide that, no, this is not a real human being.

i'm guessing that AI is gonna just gonna make the whack-a-mole game of forum modding ever more interesting. c'est la vie - it's not like you're doing it for the money :roflmao:

Last edited: