The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
About the Boz wetsuit I purchased last year:

Pluses:

Fits great in chest, shoulders, neck, armpits, and arms; no binding at all.

Inexpensive.

Wearing well.

Minuses:

Short legs even on a Large Tall size...I tire of the droopy drawers look, at least until the wetsuit rides up and over the booties. Only then the low crotch goes away. I guess I could just not wear booties.

Tight from the gut down.

Neck flushes more than other hoodless wetsuits I've owned. Ok for now, but come late November...

Had to mail-order...to me, wetsuits are a try before you buy deal.

Verdict:
Unless I go custom with Boz or sell them locally, this one is my last one.

Long term review:

Used this suit yesterday because I was in no mood to put on a wet wetsuit. Used a removeable hood for extra warmth in the offshore winds.

For a suit owned since 2008, it still works.

Seams are all good with no wear points in rubber. However well made/stitched the seams are, they really let the water in quicker that I would have thought they would. My gonads were shocked when the gush of ocean splashed 'em. Brrrr and ouch...ok, not ouch, but after 60 minutes, it was approaching some tingly ungood feelings.

Rubber is less stretchy than before with all the years, and now the suit would probably fit someone a few inches shorter than me (with corresponding shorter arms and legs).

Overall, the fitting is still problematic. For me, Boz suites are longer in torso and shorter in limbs than in optimal for me. For this tall slim fella, LT O'Neil still fits best with close second to Xcel version of same size.

Anyway, got a deal on an O'Neil around turkey day and am liking it. Time to sell the Boz on Craigslist for cheap.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I received both my "repaired" suit from Isurus' repair place, Swell Stuff, and the new suit directly from Isurus today. I think the "repair" may work, but it wouldn't have been acceptable in my opinion. A tip of the cap to Isurus for communicating with their repair place/me, getting ahead of things and ultimately keeping their client happy.

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
have we talked about prices for florence marine wetsuits?
300 for a top 1672059364844.png

800 for a full
1672059438266.png

must make u surf like jjf for the price
or maybe u get a date with momjon

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
have we talked about prices for florence marine wetsuits?
300 for a top View attachment 144553

800 for a full
View attachment 144554

must make u surf like jjf for the price
or maybe u get a date with momjon
Wow! $900 for a 5 mil.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Review for Mystic voltt 6mil. Pros, more flexible than my old 5mils, build quality, Yammoto rubber.
Cons, not as warm as expected, flushes more from the zipper than my Xcels Billabongs.
Happy so far, but a bit concerned about the flushing and warmth on the real cold days.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
After Xmas bought a 3/2 front zip hyperfreak heat ms from cleanline nice suit great doing business with cleanline as usual had 15% off. Hope last like my hyperfreak comp 3mm which made it 4 years and still used as back up suit. Really nice fit and like materials and liner nicely designed and good build.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I wonder how many times this thread has circled back to the same questions and answers.

Anyway...

Anyone have recent experience with Quik suits? Their prices aren't crazy, but are they dogshite? A friend is (possibly) offering a solid discount. He likes his, but he's kinda kooky and I don't always trust his read on things. He's transformed (not transitioned) from an ok surfer into a yoga mom in recent years. Gym, run, expensive sweats and 1/4 zip sweaters...

Whenever I'm offered a solid discount, I trend toward the top of the line, just because I can. But if anyone has any feedback on their other suits, I might be able to grab one sooner since they are out of my size in most models. Also, they have 2 different suits, with different materials, at different prices, with the same name... I'm calling them the Kanoa and Jeremy.

Any thoughts on materials vs cost/

$359 4/3 Highline Chest-Zip Wetsuit Kanoa
$299 4/3 Highline Chest Zip Wetsuit Jeremy
$359 4/3 Marathon Sessions Chest-Zip Wetsuit - Is there more to it than just the smoothie?
$379 4/3 Marathon Sessions Hooded Chest-Zip Wetsuit
$299 4/3mm Everyday Sessions Chest Zip Wetsuit

Last edited:

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
I wonder how many times this thread has circled back to the same questions and answers.

Anyway...

Anyone have recent experience with Quik suits? Their prices aren't crazy, but are they dogshite? A friend is (possibly) offering a solid discount. He likes his, but he's kinda kooky and I don't always trust his read on things. He's transformed (not transitioned) from an ok surfer into a yoga mom in recent years. Gym, run, expensive sweats and 1/4 zip sweaters...

Whenever I'm offered a solid discount, I trend toward the top of the line, just because I can. But if anyone has any feedback on their other suits, I might be able to grab one sooner since they are out of my size in most models. Also, they have 2 different suits, with different materials, at different prices, with the same name... I'm calling them the Kanoa and Jeremy.

Any thoughts on materials vs cost/

$359 4/3 Highline Chest-Zip Wetsuit Kanoa
$299 4/3 Highline Chest Zip Wetsuit Jeremy
$359 4/3 Marathon Sessions Chest-Zip Wetsuit - Is there more to it than just the smoothie?
$379 4/3 Marathon Sessions Hooded Chest-Zip Wetsuit
$299 4/3mm Everyday Sessions Chest Zip Wetsuit
I just got 2 of Marathon sessions ones 3/2-4/3 and;
Pros: Very stretchy.
Abdomen liner is warm enough.
Fits well.
Affordable
Cons: Doesn't dry very fast at all.
Little flushes at the ankles, wrist and neck. because it is so stretchy.
Key Loop is a pain.

If they hold up for a few seasons, i'd probably buy them again (cuz they're cheap).