Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
My post wasn’t meant to try and bum you out. Sorry, just back story. I would have kept it if I got it on the cheap. But I paid full retail with paint job, so wanted it to be right. And like I said, they fixed it no questions asked and in a1/4 of the time it took to get the first one.
Im glad you told me it was set up as a thruster! All is well on my end.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Maybe I’m reading it wrong…. Sounds like XTR sold a return/fck up through Craigslist- and wasn’t upfront w the buyer about the situation.

If this is true, then Shay @ XTR should go eat a big bag of smelly d!cks.
Although that could have happened, it seems pretty far fetched. I’ve never seen or heard of XTR selling boards through c-list. XTR sells through its showroom, including blems.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Although that could have happened, it seems pretty far fetched. I’ve never seen or heard of XTR selling boards through c-list. XTR sells through its showroom, including blems.
They will sell to Surfboard Broker as well. I asked what was going to happen to the janky Pyzel Astro Pop that they redid and they said Surfboard Broker picked it up already in addition to a few other boards. This was in 2019. My (at the time) 13 year old daughter wanted the messed up one if they could fix the issues and give us a considerable discount.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Shay Whaaat???:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Haha

I deleted my post / sounds like that’s not how they operate, which is good to hear….. though selling fck ups to a second-hand dealer where the end user isn’t made aware - not really fond of that either. Those boards should be marked as “seconds” indicating there’s something not meeting design parameters etc…. In a round about way, guess I’m saying they should be sharing that bag of smelly d!cks w Surfboard Broker

Mar 15, 2022
I was ready to pull the trigger on a 5'10 RNF 96 with stock dims. After reading this whole thread I am having second thoughts. I'm 5'9, 170 pounds and almost 49 yo. I surf mostly beach breaks between Del Mar and Oceanside. I like a little extra foam but that 5'10 may be a little much. Seems like people are riding these pretty short. Has anyone here oversized their RNF 96? If so how did it work out?

Reactions: JDJ

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I was ready to pull the trigger on a 5'10 RNF 96 with stock dims. After reading this whole thread I am having second thoughts. I'm 5'9, 170 pounds and almost 49 yo. I surf mostly beach breaks between Del Mar and Oceanside. I like a little extra foam but that 5'10 may be a little much. Seems like people are riding these pretty short. Has anyone here oversized their RNF 96? If so how did it work out?
i am your size exactly but a few years younger. i ride the same breaks. on the 5'8 and love it

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
5’10 seems okay for length but the foil and thickness on the rail might be too much. But it’s all preference.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
At 49 foam is your friend IMO. My buddy is almost your dims and same age and is ripping on 5'10". That said we are in 5 mills boots and gloves 24/7. May want to look at 5'9". If you cant turn that you need to be doing squats and leg presses. :p